Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

May be a bit early, but last year we started signing players early and we basically have nothing to play for I may as well start this now.

I'd like to see

- A Winger

- A striker (2 if Mckay leaves)

Greenhalgh, Pepper and Cooper look to be off

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still haven't replaced Curtis Allan, so at least 1 striker coming in maybe 2 but that depends if we have a good enough prospect coming through from the U20's. In the other areas we due to most of our squad re signing or are still under contract we don't need to bring in replacements but I would like to see us bring in cover to replace squad players leaving in the summer to keep up the competition for the starting 11. We don't need any more wide players we have plenty of players that can play in the wing and are signed up for next season, maybe though we could do with cover at right-back.

Not really taking much notice of Yogi's not bringing in anyone in the summer, players will move on to get a game elsewhere anyway, he will need to freshen things up on the bench otherwise our squad will go stale and our regulars won't get pushed. I don't see him bringing in familiar faces from other clubs to cover the rest of the squad, I expect youth players to step forward plus a couple of youngsters who join us from other clubs, but I do expect maybe a striker to come in, one with experience and a bit of height.

Are any of Kevin McBride, Paddy Cregg or Burton O`Brien out of contract this summer?

They don't play for us.

Ask St Johnstone, Livingston and Dundee fans.

I've heard you are in for Craig Samson, honest.

We have 2 experienced keepers contracted for next season, we don't need or can afford another. Samson still has another year on his contract. Try selling him of to Hibs (all of Hibs keepers are out of contact in the summer) or Sevco (they have about 5 keepers, won't harm to have another).

I know that mate, just watch out for one of the three signing.

For Falkirk?.

Why would we in Inverness be interested?.

Is there not a Falkirk summer signings thread in the Championship forum yet?.

For Falkirk?.

Why would we in Inverness be interested?.

Is there not a Falkirk summer signings thread in the Championship forum yet?.

Standrard John Hughes signings.

Not for us.

Standrard John Hughes signings.

Not for us.

We are covered in all the positions these players play at both with the usual first team players and the squad, but with Hughes who knows?

Billy McKay has had his fifth medical with Hibernian today. Expect the final few to be completed before the end of the season and his signing announced before the squad return for pre season.

Billy McKay has had his fifth medical with Hibernian today. Expect the final few to be completed before the end of the season and his signing announced before the squad return for pre season.

You can take him if you want :lol:

I think Mckay will leave. I'd like to see us sign a couple of forwards to replace him, we've also got Ryan Christie coming through but he's still 17 and you can't rely on young players all the time.

It really depends who leaves - there's been talk of Marley Watkins going, that would mean we'd need to bring in another attacking midfielder

We have 2 experienced keepers contracted for next season, we don't need or can afford another. Samson still has another year on his contract. Try selling him of to Hibs (all of Hibs keepers are out of contact in the summer) or Sevco (they have about 5 keepers, won't harm to have another).

Thanks fella, any advice about how to offload this haddy is much appreciated.

Archived