Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much do you think Milne would pay. Shinnie is a 22 year old with a full year left on his contract. Even if he ran his contract down ICT would still be entitled to the FIFA "Training Fee" which is approx. £60,000 for each year at the club which makes it£360,000 when out of contract. So what's he worth now £400,000 to £450,000.

I'd guess £200,000 tops. From an Aberdeen perspective I doubt very much if Stewart Milne will simply gift this cash to AFC. It will have to go through the books as a loan, albeit a soft one and therefore adding to the debt.

Dons chief to bankroll Shinnie bid

ABERDEEN chairman Stewart Milne is willing to dig deep into his own pockets to pay the transfer fee for Graeme Shinnie after the Dons made a move for the Inverness defender.

Pity we don't have a chairman willing to dig deep into his own pockets to keep GS where he is.

To be fair I don't think that our chairman has anything close to Milne's personal wealth.

To be fair I don't think that our chairman has anything close to Milne's personal wealth.

Maybe his pal David Sutherland could help out - that's if he's not too busy trying to turn Culloden Battlefield into a housing estate.

Maybe his pal David Sutherland could help out - that's if he's not too busy trying to turn Culloden Battlefield into a housing estate.

I could be wrong but I don't think that the builder has anything to do with ICT anymore, he's certainly not a director. In fact I don't think he has much to do with Tulloch anymore either.

I could be wrong but I don't think that the builder has anything to do with ICT anymore, he's certainly not a director. In fact I don't think he has much to do with Tulloch anymore either.

Yeah I know, but he's still a huge fan and he's not short of a bob or two. I would be happy to contribute to a "Keep Shinnie at Caley" fund if I had half of his wealth - in fact, even a quarter of his wealth.

Hands off Shinnie :

http://aberdeen.stv.tv/112210/

On the club site as well:

NO 'For Sale' Signs at Inverness

Inverness Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron has made it clear that the club plans to hold on to all their players this summer. This follows speculation over the future of Graeme Shinnie.

Mr Cameron said:

“With no football at the moment we are entering what could be termed the 'Silly Season' but we will not be entertaining any 'Silly Offers' for our players.”

"For the avoidance of doubt, barring a truly exceptional offer, no player will be leaving us in the upcoming transfer window.

"We have under contract all the players which manager John Hughes wants to keep for next season. None of these players are for sale.”

"We showed a profit in our last financial year and we have no bank debt, therefore there is no onus upon us to sell anyone. The club has worked hard to recruit, develop and re-sign our players and we're determined not to part with any of them."

The chairman added: ”It’s a pity that we have to publicly emphasise our will to retain our players. However, it seems that this needs to be made loud and clear.

"We finished in the top six in the last two seasons and weakening our team isn't on the agenda. Our supporters can be assured that there will be no deviation from this stance, unless as stated above we were to get a truly exceptional offer. That being the case, like any business, we would sit down and look at the pros and cons of any deals."

There is no way your Board will let Shinnie leave for nothing at the end of his contract, if they can avoid it. Economics dictate that if a decent offer comes in he'll be off. The trick for a buying club is to offer as little as possible but slightly more than ICT's minimum valuation, less than which they will not sell. Well have been in that position a few times. If Shinnie is good enough he'll be off make no mistake.

There is no way your Board will let Shinnie leave for nothing at the end of his contract, if they can avoid it. Economics dictate that if a decent offer comes in he'll be off. The trick for a buying club is to offer as little as possible but slightly more than ICT's minimum valuation, less than which they will not sell. Well have been in that position a few times. If Shinnie is good enough he'll be off make no mistake.

He is definitely good enough, there is no doubt about that. The 5-figure bid as suggested in one of the earlier links would IMO be far short of what we should and would accept for him.

Ok. Whether or not Aberdeen submit a bid (apart from finances) will depend upon how worried they are that another club will snatch him. If he is that good that they simply have to have him you'll be in luck.

On the club site as well:

NO 'For Sale' Signs at Inverness

Inverness Caledonian Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron has made it clear that the club plans to hold on to all their players this summer. This follows speculation over the future of Graeme Shinnie.

Mr Cameron said:

The chairman added: ”It’s a pity that we have to publicly emphasise our will to retain our players. However, it seems that this needs to be made loud and clear.

He's only come out with this since I suggested he should dip into his pocket and come up with better terms for GS, like Bald Eagle at Aberdeen is prepared to do to try and sign him.

I wanted Mckay to be sold before he really ran dry

Harsh I would say - it's the service to him that really dried up.

In a lot of our games in the second half of the season he was chasing lost causes for 90 minutes.

Punting the ball in his general direction doesn't result in many goals!

He's only come out with this since I suggested he should dip into his pocket and come up with better terms for GS, like Bald Eagle at Aberdeen is prepared to do to try and sign him.

Thats not always the right thing to do though - it sends a message to player's agents that if they tout their player they can squeeze more out of the club.

The reality for ICT is there will always be clubs paying higher wages - and the likely outcome is we lose some of our best players at the end of their contracts for nothing.

I'm not convinced that makes it logical to sell at a price which undervalues the player's worth to the team. We don't pay transfer fees, so we maybe shouldn't see it as such a catastrophe when we 'lose a player for nothing'.

Harsh I would say - it's the service to him that really dried up.

In a lot of our games in the second half of the season he was chasing lost causes for 90 minutes.

Punting the ball in his general direction doesn't result in many goals!

Irrelevant what it was that made him dry he's ran dry and buying clubs will no longer buy

• 3 weeks later...

Pre Season Friendlies lazily copied from 'Sneckboy' on CTO.

Wed 2nd July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin

Sat 12th July - 3pm (Borough Briggs)...Elgin City

Wed 16th July - 7.30pm (Dudgeon Park)...Brora Rangers

Sat 19th July - 1.00pm (Mackessack Park)…Rothes (ICT U20’s)

Sat 19th July - 3.00pm (Stark’s Park)…Raith Rovers

Wed 23rd July - 7.30pm (Princess Royal Park)...Deveronvale

Archived