Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering how Hughes has done when he has had to start over hauling previous managers sides. He had a good start at Hibs if I mind right but when his own players started appearing they fell away badly. So far he has only really added Tansey to the side. Every other player in our starting XI recently have been from the Butcher / Marsella days.

That's because as BarraJag, late of this parish, so often pointed out, Mckay was over the hill and overrated in the first place. :rolleyes:

I'm absolutely fucking gutted about this, if I'm honest. Saturday showed just how much he added to the team. He may not have scored, but he was onto absolutely everything going forward, forced McGovern into a couple of top-class saves, and caught the Hamilton defence on their heels beautifully in the move for the clinching goal. Fantastic workrate, good positional sense and a great finisher when he's at the top of his game. Will be very hard to replace, but good luck to him.

If I'd known it was going to be his last ever game I wouldn't have got so steaming, I have no real memory of the game.

shinnie,Hayes,robson and black would suggest otherwise and that's only the ones I can remember.also you have lost managers to us hearts and utd.

As for the championship my in laws live in Wolverhampton and I have been to a few wolves games when visiting,trust me that league like all English football is massively overhyped.

And how did it work out with Steve Paterson as the manager you enticed away from ICT?

And how did it work out with Steve Paterson as the manager you enticed away from ICT?

it didn't but that's not the point.

A successful caley boss would see a move to pittodrie as a step up,a successful dons boss wouldn't consider a move to caley in a million years.

But surely the truth is that most players playing in the SPFL (maybe with the exception of some Celtic players) would consider a move to the English Championship as a step up?

Certainly, if a decent SPFL player was offered a move to the likes of Blackburn, Bournemouth, Bolton or Wigan, or alternatively Aberdeen or Dundee Utd I don't think anyone would choose the Dons or Utd?

Celtic would be a different story, though, as the lure of Champions League participation may be a factor. However, most players would probably choose Championship over Celtic for the TV exposure to EPL clubs alone

That's because as BarraJag, late of this parish, so often pointed out, Mckay was over the hill and overrated in the first place. :rolleyes:

I'm absolutely fucking gutted about this, if I'm honest. Saturday showed just how much he added to the team. He may not have scored, but he was onto absolutely everything going forward, forced McGovern into a couple of top-class saves, and caught the Hamilton defence on their heels beautifully in the move for the clinching goal. Fantastic workrate, good positional sense and a great finisher when he's at the top of his game. Will be very hard to replace, but good luck to him.

He will be badly missed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/31024438

Interesting to see what happens with a new striker or two for Caley over the next four days.

Would Caley consider a loan swap with Aberdeen for Shinnie to get in a striker or two. Doesn't sound that probable but as it gets close to the deadline Caley will certainly need a striker or two.

Current options probably playing Foran (when he is fit?) or Nick Ross through the middle.

Always bail out sevco with a loan offer for one of their strikers

Can't grudge him the move at all, at times under Butcher and more recently under Hughes we have played football which didn't suit his strengths at all.

I've never seen his head go down even when he was chasing lost causes for 80 minutes without any support. He's been an inspiration, and hopefully some of the kids

at the club have picked up some of his work ethic.

Cheers Billy!

Interesting to see what happens with a new striker or two for Caley over the next four days.

Would Caley consider a loan swap with Aberdeen for Shinnie to get in a striker or two. Doesn't sound that probable but as it gets close to the deadline Caley will certainly need a striker or two.

Current options probably playing Foran (when he is fit?) or Nick Ross through the middle.

Always bail out sevco with a loan offer for one of their strikers

Sounds good. Send us Rooney and we'll swap Shinnie.

Aberdeen have (apparently) made a bid to get Shinnie now but it was barely into five figures so it was quickly rejected.

Sounds good. Send us Rooney and we'll swap Shinnie.

Aberdeen have (apparently) made a bid to get Shinnie now but it was barely into five figures so it was quickly rejected.

You can have The Shank.

I said it was overrated not shite.

To suggest Wigan are a bigger club than aberdeen is laughable.

Of course it dosent help that the English media think there are only 2 clubs worth mentioning,which sadly is also the case with our own old firm obsessed media.

I said it was overrated not shite.

To suggest Wigan are a bigger club than aberdeen is laughable.

Of course it dosent help that the English media think there are only 2 clubs worth mentioning,which sadly is also the case with our own old firm obsessed media.

A quick question for you Dubford Don, do you actually post on any Aberdeen related football topics? As you seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time on this Inverness team topic. Obsessed??

A quick question for you Dubford Don, do you actually post on any Aberdeen related football topics? As you seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time on this Inverness team topic. Obsessed??

not at all,I just couldn't believe that some caley fans were saying shinnie coming here was a sideways move when in all respects it's a massive step up.

Archived