Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted we're going down the road of making utterly random signings after the relative tedium of raiding the English lower Leagues for the past few years. It'll probably end in tears but at least it'll be fun.

Ross County sign Dutch plumbers whereas we sign proven internationalists.

A 'Dutch plumber' sounds like some sort of sex aid.

• 3 weeks later...

This rumour cropped up in January originally if I mind right along with Mckay potentially heading to Gorgie. He was rumoured to be keen to head back to England and he still hasn't signed a new deal with us. He's been pretty coy about his future so the longer this goes on the more I think that he will be away.

We're apparently interested in Marley Watkins.

Ah, Marley Watkins. Regarded by many here as "The Complete Striker"

Possesses that rare gift of being able to combine the role of target man with that of an out and out, or off-the-shoulder striker.

A highly talented, gifted player, deadly accurate, who basically scores goals for fun.

Worth his weight in goals.

I see Barry Robson is very likely to be freed by Aberdeen this summer, maybe we could get a year out of him if he plays regularly before he more than likely heads off to the HL with maybe Locos. Not sure where to fit him in if we have signed up almost everyone.

Players that will be out of contract with us in the summer from the 1st team are - Danny Devine, Graeme Shinnie (pre contract, Aberdeen), David Raven, Marley Watkins, Nick Ross, Liam Polworth, Tarmo Kink, Edward Ofere.

Good to see that most of this seasons squad will be back next season. From the players listed apart from Shinnie who is moving on I think both Devine and Polworth will be out, both need 1st team football now, I think Devine will head back to England and Polworth could be either County bound or to Brora Rangers if they succeed in winning promotion to the SPFL the other option might be the improving Elgin City, but what ever I can't see Polworth staying.

I would like to see Raven, Watkins, Ross and Ofere offered contracts, not sure about Kink yet.

I see Stephen Dobbie is out of contract at Palace end of the season, if Fleetwood don't want him maybe he could be just the answer for us in a goalscoring striker or maybe an attacking midfielder that is if Watkins moves on.

I take it both Hearts and Rangers will be looking at him as well??

Archived