English Championship

bob_mcshug

get your money on wolves for promotion this season. With the addition of jackie mcnamara and rohan ricketts, with more to come - the old gold look a good bet for top 2 come the end of the season.

Rumours of the 3 players arriving are either Koumas or Idiakez, stubbs or Gyepes (sp.?), Rasiak or Lua Lua.

These potential additions to a squad already full of quality - Seoul, Ince, Olifanjana, Lescott, Cort and Miller - means it's looking very promising for next season!

:D

Guest Spring-heeled Jim

Tenner Treble on Chelsea, Wolves and Rangers.

Edited to add - Rangers 4/6

Chelsea 10/11

Wolves 11/2

I think Southampton should have enough to take the title. they have held on to the bulk of there squad and Harry has experience at getting teams out of there.

592198[/snapback]

Dont put a penny on Southampton this season :D the selling of the squad hasnt finished yet by any means, and there is huge unrest in the camp. Mid table / top half at best :P

Hard to argue against Wolves unless Hoddle goes a bit nuts midway through the season :huh:

The Crippler Posted Jul 19 2005, 17:13

My money is on Norwich to go back up. They have kept most of their team together and will be a major force to be reckoned with imo

Good shout I think, they were very strong when they last won it and as said, not lost many players. Other strong candidate could be Wolves.

I fancy Norwich to win it too.

Huckerby, Francis and Ashton could score a barrowload between them and in Green they have one of the best goalies in the championship.

Guest MichaelCollins

Wolves to win it.

And Norwich/Sheffield Wednesday to go up too.

Millwall, Stoke and Watford to go down.

I can't separate Norwich or Wolves to be honest. Wolves were playing some great stuff under Hoddle towards the end of the season and Seoul is a stand out in that division, really should be playing at a higher level.

Leeds and Cardiff would be my dark horses.

Leicester City will be dark horses (or should that be foxes) to win it this year. Levein's building a good squad after getting rid of all the high earners. De Vries and Connolly should score a barrowload at that level, although big Mark needs a couple to get going.

My tip is

1 - Leicester

2 - Norwich

Promoted through playoffs - Wolves.

Archived