St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The 2600 tickets United are getting this afternoon are concession tickets in the South East corner. Some are priced at £25 because of the restricted view.

We will then receive more tickets on Tuesday - no idea where.

Could the SFA make this harder work if they tried?!

Edited by ArabFC

It may seem utterly arrogant, but I honestly believe that who wins the final will be down to which United team turn up. If it's the team say that beat Inverness 5-0 in the quarters, for example (the team that has scored 4/5 goals 12 times this season) we will win, but if it's the team that drew 1-1 yesterday, that has been stuck in second gear all too often, we will lose.

When we have been on song we have been unstoppable.

Another example, if we played like we played against Rangers, we will probably lose.

Extremely arrogant, who plays better on the day will win.

I don't have a problem with it.

It would be great if everyone was let in free, but I don't think £35 is excessive for a ticket, regardless of whether an adult, child or plant pot sits in the seat.

In context with other sporting events it's not bad, for example the absolute cheapest concession price for the FA Cup final is £35, and majority of tickets are much more expensive than that.....

You've either no children or are rich.

£35 for a child is disgraceful no matter what way you look at it.

You might have a problem with it if you were going and also taking your wife and 2 or 3 kids.

Yesterday's Welsh Cup Final prices were Adult £8, Senior Citizens £5, Under 16's £1. See, I can do ridiculous comparisons too.

Exactly.

It may seem utterly arrogant, but I honestly believe that who wins the final will be down to which United team turn up. If it's the team say that beat Inverness 5-0 in the quarters, for example (the team that has scored 4/5 goals 12 times this season) we will win, but if it's the team that drew 1-1 yesterday, that has been stuck in second gear all too often, we will lose.

When we have been on song we have been unstoppable.

Another example, if we played like we played against Rangers, we will probably lose.

I pray that the United players and staff are treating Saints with the same level of respect as your good self Sir!

The 2600 tickets United are getting this afternoon are concession tickets in the South East corner. Some are priced at £25 because of the restricted view.

We will then receive more tickets on Tuesday - no idea where.

Could the SFA make this harder work if they tried?!

Total incompetence from the start by the SFA

Why would they want to see any empty seats across from the Camera (even Upper tier), the Main Stand could have been left empty unless the rest of the stadium was sold out and it was needed

Also on Saints allocation, they should have sold Jock Stein and North Lower only, once those were filled then move onto JS Upper, thay way you were guaranteed the 3 bottom tiers that will be visible on tv packed out 50/50

I pray that the United players and staff are treating Saints with the same level of respect as your good self Sir!

In your dreams ;) , think most Utd fans if being honest see Saints as favs due to the recent head to heads, would be silly to ignore, we havent even scored in the last three meetings and even our 4-0 win flattered us bigtime that day, plus Banks was in goal for you lot and gifted the 3rd to us

Saints simply have our style sussed out, even if we play well that wont change, anywaywith it being the Final, teams rarely play their best stuff anyway

I actually think the most important thing from a Utd point of view is we match Saints for energy, workrate and most importantly desire on the day, those things are probably what will decide the outcome

Edited by ShedruleFTD83

Defence is where i give Saints the advantage, they defend well as a team, they are a well drilled unit who can play as you say on their day, we have managed 1 cleansheet in all competitions since December, despite us scoring a lot more goals we have failed to score in a susbstantial amount of games too, where as you have over double our cleansheets

League stats with two games to go

United w16 d10 l10 gf63 ga44 pts 58

Saints w15 d7 l14 gf45 ga37 pts 52

Cleansheets

United 7 (Won 5) Saints 16 (Won 13)

Failed to score

United 10 (Lost 8 ) Saints 13 (Lost 10)

Games won when score first

United 15 Saints 14

Games lost when score first

United 1 Saints 1

h2h

United 4-0 Saints Aug 13

Saints 3-0 United Dec 13

United 0-1 Saints Mar 14

Saints 2-0 United Apr 14

Last win at Celtic Park (albeit vs Celtic)

United - Dec 1992

Saints - Aug 2011

Edited by ShedruleFTD83

Defence is where i give Saints the advantage, they defend well as a team, they are a well drilled unit who can play as you say on their day, we have managed 1 cleansheet in all competitions since December, despite us scoring a lot more goals we have failed to score in a susbstantial amount of games too, where as you have over double our cleansheets

League stats with two games to go

United w16 d10 l10 gf63 ga44 pts 58

Saints w15 d7 l14 gf45 ga37 pts 52

Cleansheets

United 7 (Won 5) Saints 16 (Won 13)

Failed to score

United 10 (Lost 8 ) Saints 13 (Lost 10)

Games won when score first

United 15 Saints 14

Games lost when score first

United 1 Saints 1

h2h

United 4-0 Saints Aug 13

Saints 3-0 United Dec 13

United 0-1 Saints Mar 14

Saints 2-0 United Apr 14

Last win at Celtic Park (albeit vs Celtic)

United - Dec 1992

Saints - Aug 2011

Piss aff. We're underdogs.

Really can't see us winning this to be honest. Far too much positivity about the place, have massive fear we'll be three down after fifteen minutes.

Can totally appreciate the logical and rational points being made by many others and in the main from United fans. My in built fatalism just cannot foresee us actually lifting the Scottish Cup. It's too ridiculous to comprehend.

Really can't see us winning this to be honest. Far too much positivity about the place, have massive fear we'll be three down after fifteen minutes.

Can totally appreciate the logical and rational points being made by many others and in the main from United fans. My in built fatalism just cannot foresee us actually lifting the Scottish Cup. It's too ridiculous to comprehend.

I think it's only natural. I let myself get carried away with the semi at Tynecastle and was absolutely crestfallen when we managed to pull out a typical Saints big-game performance and got stuffed.

The second semi I just tried to enjoy it and had no expectations at all, so much so that when we won I was in a bit of a daze. I'm hoping the pessimism I feel about our chances is actually a good thing and I intend to just savour the build-up then enjoy the occasion. You just never know.

Piss aff. We're underdogs.

He's actually just being realistic. Saints have United's number this season. I see it as 50/50 whoever plays better will win. Our defence & keeper are poor, but cut loose and we are tremendous going forward. Time will tell. Should United lose I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The fact that we came from a goal down against Aberdeen in the semi gives me some reassurance that we can if necessary once again come back from a goal down in a big game and that we won't freeze and bottle it on the day.

United are a good side though, so we will need to be on it if we are to take home the cup.

I think it'll be tight, I don't see the 3-4 nil either way happening, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it went to extra time.

I also still think that both fans should be singing "you can shove your Armageddon up your arse" at 5 to 3 :)

The fact that we came from a goal down against Aberdeen in the semi gives me some reassurance that we can if necessary once again come back from a goal down in a big game and that we won't freeze and bottle it on the day.

United are a good side though, so we will need to be on it if we are to take home the cup.

I think it'll be tight, I don't see the 3-4 nil either way happening, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it went to extra time.

I also still think that both fans should be singing "you can shove your Armageddon up your arse" at 5 to 3 :)

I like the fact it's viewed as a friendly final, and there'll be no animosity whoever wins, but once inside the stadium on Cup Final day, it's all about United!

Edited by ArabFC

No info about these secret £70 hospitality packages then? A shufty at the Saints, United, SFA and Celtic websites show nothing and google brings up sold out deals from previous years. What a weird situation for a cup final.

Those tickets have already gone. But, yes, the SFA have been making this as hard as they possibly can for us!

Did those extra tickets sell out today? If so that's great news, thought that everyone who wanted one might have already bought their ticket but it is great to see there is still a decent demand for tickets!

Did those extra tickets sell out today? If so that's great news, thought that everyone who wanted one might have already bought their ticket but it is great to see there is still a decent demand for tickets!

Tickets sold out on Friday so people have been waiting all weekend, and to get the cheaper tickets, so no surprise.

I think the United 4 All charity gobbled up a significant proportion of the 2,600 too.

Only going on rumour now, because United have been useless at letting the fans know whats going on, but it seems we are getting another 2,200 in the North Stand sometime tomorrow and that'll be about us @ 29,000 unless the SFA can squeeze more out of segregation areas.

Tickets sold out on Friday so people have been waiting all weekend, and to get the cheaper tickets, so no surprise.

I think the United 4 All charity gobbled up a significant proportion of the 2,600 too.

Only going on rumour now, because United have been useless at letting the fans know whats going on, but it seems we are getting another 2,200 in the North Stand sometime tomorrow and that'll be about us @ 29,000 unless the SFA can squeeze more out of segregation areas.

Was wondering how all that would work. It is indeed great news to see us selling so many tickets but I think we can all agree on how much of a f**k up the SFA has made! United aren't completely blameless, they should be updating everyone as often as they can and the selling of tickets has seemed a bit rushed (although again I think the SFA are to blame for that one)

I suppose many of the segregation issues are down to how Celtic Park is designed, it isn't meant to hold 50/50 events unlike Hampden so I suppose there are reasons behind awkward gaps in the stadium and problems in trying to get the right areas made available.