St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My heart is still racing after I woke up this morning and realised it was my last day of work before tomorrow, I might not survive the night. Utterly shitting it, and some people might have noticed I've barely posted on this site over the past week in my desperation to continue living my life and not be consumed by thoughts of the Final.

I have to say I simply can't comprehend seeing us win the trophy, theres just a part of me that can't work it out in my brain. I cant even figure out that we'll be playing in the Scottish Cup Final tomorrow either, something about is so completely surreal to me that it can't make sense no matter how much I read about it actually happening. I do think its maybe jut my own brains defence mechanism against the sheer horror I feel whenever I think about the whole thing.

Tonight will be hellish, and up until kick off tomorrow I'll be feeling utterly sick. I really, really, really want us to win, as I've never been the type of fan who walks away after loss happy that we gave it our best shot, if we lose I'll be heartbroken and in a shiter of a mood for weeks. Please win Saints, please.

All week I've been trying to sum things up. All week I've managed to get so far until bursting into a complete panic.

I can relate to every single word of that.

My heart is still racing after I woke up this morning and realised it was my last day of work before tomorrow, I might not survive the night. Utterly shitting it, and some people might have noticed I've barely posted on this site over the past week in my desperation to continue living my life and not be consumed by thoughts of the Final.

I have to say I simply can't comprehend seeing us win the trophy, theres just a part of me that can't work it out in my brain. I cant even figure out that we'll be playing in the Scottish Cup Final tomorrow either, something about is so completely surreal to me that it can't make sense no matter how much I read about it actually happening. I do think its maybe jut my own brains defence mechanism against the sheer horror I feel whenever I think about the whole thing.

Tonight will be hellish, and up until kick off tomorrow I'll be feeling utterly sick. I really, really, really want us to win, as I've never been the type of fan who walks away after loss happy that we gave it our best shot, if we lose I'll be heartbroken and in a shiter of a mood for weeks. Please win Saints, please.

You'll still be feeling sick during the game unless you're fueled right up on alcoholic beverages.

Edited by Waffelz

An Aberdeen fan on my Facebook said the St. Johnstone fans on the TV (I'm guessing SSN) have copied them. I asked him what he meant but he's no talking. Anyone in the know care to enlighten me as to what he's talking about?

Can't believe United have only won the Scottish Cup twice . I had to double check to make sure I read that correct. Out of 9 finals too? Madness.

As a neutral I hope its a cracker, you lot won't care as long as your team wins.

Good luck to both teams. May the best team win and not because of a f**k up from the SFA's finest.

The best bit of cup final eve is trying to get to sleep, trying to get to sleep, each minute feeling like an hour... then, BOOM you wake up hours later and it's cup final morning. And in football there's nothing quite the same as cup final morning.

All week I've been trying to sum things up. All week I've managed to get so far until bursting into a complete panic.

I can relate to every single word of that.

Its an utterly horrendous feeling, but its also brilliant in a way. My girlfriend has literally no idea why I'm so worked up about it, after all its "only football". Only football my arse, this feels like more

You'll still be feeling sick during the game unless you're fueled right up on alcoholic beverages.

I'm worried about that too. If I drink just the right amount I'll be jolly, drink too much and I'll "do a Beatson". I've been terrified everytime a car comes near me aswell incase it knocks me down and I cant make this match, my girlfriend wants to go jogging tonight, I'm refusing on the basis I might die

The best bit of cup final eve is trying to get to sleep, trying to get to sleep, each minute feeling like an hour... then, BOOM you wake up hours later and it's cup final morning. And in football there's nothing quite the same as cup final morning.

I do think, in many years time, I'll look back at May 17th 2014 as one of the most enjoyable days of my life regardless of the result. But this build up of nerves is incredible

An Aberdeen fan on my Facebook said the St. Johnstone fans on the TV (I'm guessing SSN) have copied them. I asked him what he meant but he's no talking. Anyone in the know care to enlighten me as to what he's talking about?

Apparently the organisers of our displays have given a bit of design and organisational advice to both sets of fans, having put on our cup final displays in the same ground just two months back.

Certainly wouldn't claim either have stolen ideas, why would they when each club has different symbols of their fan culture.

Haven't seen St Johnstone's on SSN but saw the United one earlier when Andy McLaren was being interviewed and I have to say it looks smart as f**k. Fair play United fans!

Hopefully both sets of fans boo Doncaster if he comes onto the pitch just like ICT and Aberdeen supporters did a couple of months back :lol:

Even better, it's Stewart "Armageddon" Reg-*** and Campbell Ogilvie who will be likely be part of the presentation party. I have a feeling our friends from Tayside will share our joint opinion of the useless corrupt men who run our game.

I'll certainly be joining in any booing and abuse! :ph34r:

Some sad arab b*****d got the bus into town from Angus to take a picture of Dundee fans in the city centre, 30 minutes before the players came. Deary me, what a sad existence.

Hope the Saints f**k you tangerine clowns.

animated-rampage.gif

Apparently the organisers of our displays have given a bit of design and organisational advice to both sets of fans, having put on our cup final displays in the same ground just two months back.

Certainly wouldn't claim either have stolen ideas, why would they when each club has different symbols of their fan culture.

Haven't seen St Johnstone's on SSN but saw the United one earlier when Andy McLaren was being interviewed and I have to say it looks smart as f**k. Fair play United fans!

What's it like?