Business / corporate speak nonsense

This might have been a bit tongue-in-cheek, but in the latest update to our software - as well as releasing "showstopper" features, lesser improvements are now known as "stocking fillers".

I doubt it very much, people who dream up this sort of sh+1t have no sense of humour, self awareness or irony.

Edited by Jacksgranda

One of the teams at work had the fantastic idea of renaming the team. Their choice of name- Centre of Corporate Knowledge (CoCK). Fucking idiots

Someone in our outfit decided that the emergency squads should be called the Fast Action Response Team, they had to wear that on their polo's and fleeces.

You'd think the first thing you'd do when you're setting up or changing the name of an area of your business is to work out what the acronym for it will be.

We (briefly!) had an section in our place called A.R.S.E. - for the punters who worked there it was the gift that kept on giving; they were saying something hadn't been done because of a backlog in the pipeline to the A.R.S.E. and so on.

The glory days lasted about a fortnight - when envelopes started to come into the building addressed to it, the high heid yins changed the name to something - anything! - else.

We don't have customers any more, we have 'Stakeholders'

That's been around for a long time, I'm a "stakeholder" in our local council and also my employment, companies we do business with are "stakeholders", our next door neighbours will be "stakeholders" of the NIHE, no doubt our daughter is a "stakeholder" with the bus company that takes her to the Day Centre, where she is not only a "stakeholder" but also a "client" and a "service user".

• 3 weeks later...

A recruitment consultant sent me a Job Description form a well known Anglo-Dutch oil concern who shall remain nameless. I honestly didn't have the slightest idea what it was going on about. Utter, utter brain rot. A couple of examples for you to get your head around:

The team is increasingly required to drive a change agenda for Finance which is aimed at improving functional effectiveness through continuous improvement of existing processes and the development of new processes and an efficiency agenda by receiving new activities and accountabilities from current onshore teams.

They will build a deep knowledge of the Internal & External Financial Reporting outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.

Nup, me neither.

A recruitment consultant sent me a Job Description form a well known Anglo-Dutch oil concern who shall remain nameless. I honestly didn't have the slightest idea what it was going on about. Utter, utter brain rot. A couple of examples for you to get your head around:

Nup, me neither.

Work out what this team

Work out how to do it cheaper

Write it down

Tell other's

Funnier in Dutch - makes about the same amount of sense too:

Het team wordt steeds meer nodig om een verandering agenda van Financiën die is gericht op het verbeteren van de functionele effectiviteit door middel van continue verbetering van bestaande processen en de ontwikkeling van nieuwe processen en een rendement agenda door het ontvangen van nieuwe activiteiten en verantwoordelijkheden van de huidige onshore teams rijden .

Zij zullen een grondige kennis van de interne en externe financiële verslaggeving uitgangen nodig zijn en manieren van werken te leveren deze , samen met de instrumenten en systemen die een integraal enabler van het proces op te bouwen. Ze zullen samenwerken met collega's in R & A en *** collega's uit andere processen waarbij 'operational excellence' en integriteit van de gegevens gevolgen voor de R & A levering.

Funnier in Dutch - makes about the same amount of sense too:

Het team wordt steeds meer nodig om een verandering agenda van Financiën die is gericht op het verbeteren van de functionele effectiviteit door middel van continue verbetering van bestaande processen en de ontwikkeling van nieuwe processen en een rendement agenda door het ontvangen van nieuwe activiteiten en verantwoordelijkheden van de huidige onshore teams rijden .

Zij zullen een grondige kennis van de interne en externe financiële verslaggeving uitgangen nodig zijn en manieren van werken te leveren deze , samen met de instrumenten en systemen die een integraal enabler van het proces op te bouwen. Ze zullen samenwerken met collega's in R & A en *** collega's uit andere processen waarbij 'operational excellence' en integriteit van de gegevens gevolgen voor de R & A levering.

Ahhhhh! I get it now. That's perfectly cromulent.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Here's the apprentice quote for anyone who missed it:

"The trailblazer is a fully managed and implemented business growth campaign that starts with a focused base camp to remove the clouds from our client's business growth mountain so they can clearly see the summit we are aiming for."

Edited by Mr Bairn

Here's the apprentice quote for anyone who missed it:

"The trailblazer is a fully managed and implemented business growth campaign that starts with a focused base camp to remove the clouds from our client's business growth mountain so they can clearly see the summit we are aiming for."

I think if someone stood in front of me and said that I would struggle not to club them to death.