The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit after the stadium drama I've reduced my close season wishes to hoping we can tempt Gary Bollan into a new contract with a new red jumper.

I'm throwing two Cornetto's into that mix an Choc 'n Nut and a Strawberry. Have to go to my mums for the strawberry though, cause I'm old school.

Prepared to make that sacrifice.

I'm throwing two Cornetto's into that mix an Choc 'n Nut and a Strawberry. Have to go to my mums for the strawberry though, cause I'm old school.

Prepared to make that sacrifice.

I'll take your cornetto's and raise you a Magnum.

I'll take your cornetto's and raise you a Magnum.

To be fair, he does look like an iced confectionary connoisseur. I think he'll stay. Now, we could maybe get Lithgow to sign by lining up drive by wanks...

Want to comment on rumours (from the ever-reliable Stomp) that Bollan is going to Morton:

Firstly, he is contracted to January so Morton would have to buy him out of the contract and I don't think there are many clubs that would do that at this point. Secondly, he is in the process of building a team (or even a dynasty) at Broomfield, with his own staff and players. He was sacked from Livingston when he was on a roll there and he has said that he got more satisfaction from keeping Airdrie in the league. We've - provisionally - got some of the best facilities in the league with arguably a title-challenging team for this season coming. He achieved his goal of keeping the Diamonds up so surely now promotion is the key, and if he thought getting Airdrie safe was good, wait until he gets us up a league.

I'm now going to quote Keighan Parker from Saturday: "if the manager is still there, we'll scoush the league". What manager in his right mind would leave the club when this is the case - and with the affection he's built with the players and the fans - to go to a club in turmoil?

Answers on a postcard please.

Want to comment on rumours (from the ever-reliable Stomp) that Bollan is going to Morton:

Firstly, he is contracted to January so Morton would have to buy him out of the contract and I don't think there are many clubs that would do that at this point. Secondly, he is in the process of building a team (or even a dynasty) at Broomfield, with his own staff and players. He was sacked from Livingston when he was on a roll there and he has said that he got more satisfaction from keeping Airdrie in the league. We've - provisionally - got some of the best facilities in the league with arguably a title-challenging team for this season coming. He achieved his goal of keeping the Diamonds up so surely now promotion is the key, and if he thought getting Airdrie safe was good, wait until he gets us up a league.

I'm now going to quote Keighan Parker from Saturday: "if the manager is still there, we'll scoush the league". What manager in his right mind would leave the club when this is the case - and with the affection he's built with the players and the fans - to go to a club in turmoil?

Can't see that happening.

How many "dynasties" have you ever seen at this level before?

Chris McCluskey, Grant Evans, Ricki Lamie and Lewis Coult have all been released. Can't say there's any surprises there tbh. Talks ongoing with the rest of the squad to keep them at the club though Barr has been linked with a move to Raith Rovers. No chance we'll keep Barr. He's far too good for this level. Would love to get McAleer back on loan too.

I hear old favourite Briam Prunty is being released by Dumbarton, worth an enquiry??

Prunts is a great player, I hope we offer him a deal.

Would be a good signing for you!!

Archived