The Airdrieonians Close Season Thread 2014

With Livi in a bit of bother, could Bollan get a couple of younger fringe/reserve players from the sinking ship and save our season again?

I'm probably talking shite but it's better than talking about the reality that is Airdrie at the moment...

Think it would take more than a few fringe players from Livingston to sort out the problems at Airdrie.

As far as the problems at Livi are concerned..........watch this space.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it would take more than a few fringe players from Livingston to sort out the problems at Airdrie.As far as the problems at Livi are concerned..........watch this space.

With the general quality of this league I would disagree... Morten are sitting top and, although they've beaten us 3 times already, they're very average. Don't think it would take much to fire us up the league.

With the general quality of this league I would disagree... Morten are sitting top and, although they've beaten us 3 times already, they're very average. Don't think it would take much to fire us up the league.

Livi are bottom of the league and are heading down, their fringe players are just that fringe players, not good enough for the team at the bottom of the championship. We have enough duds without taking on any more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Losing Big Ben isn't too much of a loss IMO.

He's a loss insomuch as that Fitzpatrick cant really play in there.

Rumour is that we're getting another loanee in there. If that is true, and he's solid enough, then I'll certainly not miss Ben's attempts to play football from the back.

I'd be utterly delighted if we kept Fraser, however if he's going to be going out on loan again, there's better teams than us who'd be looking at him.

Losing big Ben is annoying in the fact that we'd began to pick a settled team who were playing well but if we can bring in a solid centre - half who can slot into the team then he won't be too big a loss. He's much better than our other options there too, Fitzpatrick, Proctor and Wilson (who's contract is up and so I expect will be punted) so it's important that we do bring someone else in.

Losing big Ben is annoying in the fact that we'd began to pick a settled team who were playing well but if we can bring in a solid centre - half who can slot into the team then he won't be too big a loss. He's much better than our other options there too, Fitzpatrick, Proctor and Wilson (who's contract is up and so I expect will be punted) so it's important that we do bring someone else in.

It's a blow in that we've developed into quite a solid defence with him and big Luca. Compare them to the dross that Ayr have at the back and I'm quite grateful for what we've got. He's also improved since we got him, trying less of his fancy stuff at the back and looks a lot more solid. I think it would be good for us and Partick if he stayed.

Thistle only signed him for this season, they're not going to sign a player then loan him out for the entire duration of his contract. Unless they've seen enough to offer him an extension and loan him to us for the rest of the season, but that seems unlikely.

Guest The Phoenix

I think it would be better for everyone if he stayed with us, he isn't ready or good enough yet to play for Thistle but if they want him back then what can we do.

Nothing but I'm sure they'll replace him with another youngster. ;)

Thistle only signed him for this season, they're not going to sign a player then loan him out for the entire duration of his contract. Unless they've seen enough to offer him an extension and loan him to us for the rest of the season, but that seems unlikely.

True, but then what's the alternative? He goes back to Partick and doesn't play? Unless he's going to challenge for a place in their team he may as well keep training with them and get game time with us at the weekend.

True, but then what's the alternative? He goes back to Partick and doesn't play? Unless he's going to challenge for a place in their team he may as well keep training with them and get game time with us at the weekend.

The alternative is that they're reportedly sending us another "highly rated" youngster and taking Ben back to have a proper look at him.

That's what I've heard and assume The Phoenix has too...

• 1 year later...

Archived