Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

Aye, I'm not saying he's going to be brilliant but I've got no idea where this idea that he's dreadful has came from. We've played one competitive game and he was decidedly average in it. There's no way we can make an accurate judgement on him yet.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Morton fans will know this themselves but they'll need signings far better than Ricki Lamie and the McCluskey brothers if they're to even mount a serious promotion challenge this season. With the squad as it currently is, and with Duffy at the helm, I can see it being a poor season for you.

I'm glad to have someone else who can play out wide as we're extremely short on options there, but would hope we'd be looking for better than Jamie McCluskey to be a regular starter. I'm reluctantly accepting that we're probably done in midfield now though. I fear we'll get one more striker and that'll be it, and if that's the case then there's every chance we'll struggle to make the playoffs.

Man this is going to be another long season.

The same way the championship part time teams built better squads than us last season, the same thing is happening this season on a different scale.

Its more an extended trial than a signing and he will also provide cover whilst Barrowman recovers from a hamstring pull and Stefan McCluskey from a dislocated shoulder. If he works out, he will get a deal after that.

PS: It also makes him eligible for cup games in the next month

How can Jamie McCluskey provide cover for Barrowman, who plays in an entirely different position? At least make your brown-nosing efforts less utterly laughable next time.

A truly abysmal signing, particularly given he was rightly rejected by the club before. Duffy is obviously there to be the cheap patsy while Rae continues to abdicate responsibility and doesn't have the required backing, but as expected he has fully contributed in his unique way to an appalling close season's dealings. It's perfectly obvious that he doesn't have credible leads for attacking players and is basically hoovering up any dross that will fill the squad until January.

Hermann Kabasele is set to sign a 6 month deal with the club today, it's in today's Greenock Telegraph. He is a 22 year old ex DR Congo under 21 Internationalist. Barring any issues with international clearance, he should be available to play against Berwick this weekend.

Hermann Kabasele is set to sign a 6 month deal with the club today, it's in today's Greenock Telegraph. He is a 22 year old ex DR Congo under 21 Internationalist. Barring any issues with international clearance, he should be available to play against Berwick this weekend.

Another Kabba...

I'm sure Morton fans will know this themselves but they'll need signings far better than Ricki Lamie and the McCluskey brothers if they're to even mount a serious promotion challenge this season. With the squad as it currently is, and with Duffy at the helm, I can see it being a poor season for you.

it beginning to look like north lanarkshire council tell you what s mcluskey must have some hold over Duffy.now his brother too #the chucklebros would be better good money wasted IMO

Archived