Clyde Fc 2014-15

Thought we played well today and passed the ball brilliantly at times. Seems like Barry wants us to be a free flowing passing side (even from the back) who use the wings to the full which is great. Difficult to take much from pre season encounters but good for the lads to get another game under their belts too.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see watt roll in with a couple of goals will be top foal scorer this season even although some amongst the support think he is useless

Good to hear that we are not pumping long balls into the corners good feeling for this season

Thought we played well today and passed the ball brilliantly at times. Seems like Barry wants us to be a free flowing passing side (even from the back) who use the wings to the full which is great. Difficult to take much from pre season encounters but good for the lads to get another game under their belts too.

Don't go to pre season friendlies think the spoil the start of the season main point for me is strikers scoring watt has three in two games delighted for the wee man hope he shoves it right up his critics in this forum ????

My opinion for what it's worth I think Barry will allow players to express themselves this year,and will hopefully reap the rewards from that too many players under Duffy too scared to move 2 yards from position or be screamed at.This season clean slate players already showing signs of the chains are off I'm sure we will score a lot more goals this season

Don't go to pre season friendlies think the spoil the start of the season main point for me is strikers scoring watt has three in two games delighted for the wee man hope he shoves it right up his critics in this forum

Same here. Watt always gives 110%. At the end of the day that's all we ask.Give him a chance & he'll score most of the time.

Good football played

Liked David gray in the middle.

Back two CHs solid per usual and not seen a pair so comfortable in the WBR for long time at the back

Hope we Give gordon young a run in team and dont let him be another like scott brown who was allowed to slip thro net now at st johnstone

Forever n ever

If today's anything to go by then Durie will be up there in the assists chart, played some brilliant crosses into the box and set up Watts 2nd with a good cutback. Wasn't really tested defensively though.

David Gray and David Sinclair both looked neat and tidy in possession, particularly Gray who was spraying it about well and I think it was him who played the great through ball to Watt for the opener. Sinclair seems to like getting forward at every opportunity which is good to see. Took the corners and some free kicks too so another option for set pieces.

Callum Thomson looked fairly decent for a young lad and stuck in well but flew into a couple of challenges where in a competitive game the ref might not have been so lenient. Seems he can play anywhere across the back 4 which is important when the injuries/suspensions kick in.

Who's Russell?

Mark Russell was at Morton last year.

It's a different Mark Russell. Formerly of Dundee United, Johnny Russell's younger brother.

I didn't think Durie's final ball was great to be honest. First half he could barely get it passed the first man. He had a decent game though. Love the new system, getting the centre halfs wide and the centre midfielder dropping deep to collect the ball and being allowed to dictate play. Also our switch of play today was excellent

Going to be a very interesting season.

We seem to have a lot of strength in depth for this season which is excellent.

Lots of pace on the wings and two strikers in Watt and Daly who could easily get 10+ goals each this season.

I think the difference this season will be the midfield being a bit more creative. From yesterday, the one midfielder dropping deep to get the ball from the back and dictating play should be a great system.

I'm also excited to see Gary Graham and Gordon Young get game time this season. Definitely could contribute a few goals to the title win ????

So where the money coming from - you seem to have a very large squad for League 2. Mr Kean digging deep or is the begging bowl about to come back out for its Annual October outing?

perhaps some investment going on in background that we don't know about that's 5 or 6 players on 2 year deals now as they say the futures bright the futures brighter at clyde hope we draw you in the cup and watt puts 2 up your rear end

Archived