The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Even paul sheerins getting in on the act

Hard to begrudge sheerin the opportunity to step up from the U20s.  Personally, I'd wish him well, hope he gets it.

23 hours ago, Illgresi said:

The only way it would be worthwhile getting Christie in on loan, is if it's a two year loan and he can play against Celtic (plus a transfer fee also). By the end of it, he'd be available on a free transfer.

Been reported that we could afford to buy him, the problem is we cannot meet his wages (£8k/week I saw). If that's what he's looking for then a likely scenario is that this time next year he'll be talking to Championship or League 1 teams who can pay that kind of wage.

1 hour ago, Alex_14 said:

Have we signed anyone exciting yet?

Someone excite me with some tantalising rumours

Saltire have re-signed http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9685.php#.WTkUd2jyvIU

Wooo-Hooo

Nice logo, gives our club money, Scottishy name and a local industry. This is the best news of the summer so far!!!

Have we signed anyone exciting yet?

Someone excite me with some tantalising rumours

Deek to be announced by Sunderland before Monday. Not tantalising, but still a rumour.

Starting to think everyone at Pittodrie is away on holiday. If yer passing, can you try the door and see if anyone's talking?

This is the deal we should be going after, as much as I don’t want him going to Celtic I wouldn’t be happy with us selling him to Cardiff either. They tried to take the piss in January on more than one occasion we should tell them where to go.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Francesco totti was seen looking at houses in west hill. Heard it here first.

If we could get him in and coax Lahm & Xabi Alonso out of retirement, we have a decent shout for the title

7 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

If we could get him in and coax Lahm & Xabi Alonso out of retirement, we have a decent shout for the title

Alonso looking unlikely.  Heard he wanted a guaranteed starting place ahead of Pirlo and Shinnie.

Deal breaker IMHO.

11 hours ago, AR851903 said:

Apparently we've offered Sam Nicholson a contract.

Not surprised, we were in for him last summer and it was a baw hair away from getting done apparently 

P&J also reporting this morning that we are looking to push through a permanent move for Greg Stewart. Hayes to Birmingham isn't necessarily part of any deal.

Would be delighted if this was true, exactly the kind of player we need if we're losing our two best creative players.