The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 26/11/2023 at 09:19, Don exotic said:

Ramirez scoring in the Eastern conference final. It’s a shame we didn’t make more of his time at the dons.

Not relevant to the point you’ve made but thought it was interesting that the tweet was from Stuart Holden. Aberdeen born USA international who played for Bolton in the EPL. Always thought it would’ve been good if he ended up at us but I think his career was finished early due to injury.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Not relevant to the point you’ve made but thought it was interesting that the tweet was from Stuart Holden. Aberdeen born USA international who played for Bolton in the EPL. Always thought it would’ve been good if he ended up at us but I think his career was finished early due to injury.

There was talk of us trying when he was leaving Houston dynamo but clearly had his sights set higher. 

Don’t believe he had many roots in Aberdeen though, had lived in Houston from a young age and his family was always based out there too. Was probably never on the cards. 

On 27/11/2023 at 07:20, coprolite said:

Also almost a third of our points. 

9 points from 8 against the rest is pretty shite. 

That’s a fair point.

Off the top of my head I reckon we are 5 points better off compared to last season’s corresponding away fixtures (draws at Livi and St Mirren and win at Ibrox) but 4 points worse off than last season’s home fixtures (defeat to Hibs and draw with St Johnstone with the draw against Rangers improving on the defeat last December).

Edited by STFU_Donny

On 27/11/2023 at 19:57, DoingThe42 said:

I'm not exaggerating when I say double figures isn't completely unimaginable. Clyde's side as it stands is awful.

We are more likely to come down to your level, which will likely be a bit better when McCall gets his feet under the table surely?

As well as Darvel, I still have unpleasant memories of how bad we were at Annan in the LC last season.  1-1 after 90 and glad to get ET, which we won 4-1.  Saying that, maybe if the perfectly legitimate equaliser at Darvel had not been 'mysteriously' disallowed, we could have kept that stain as equally under the radar as the shocker by the Solway Firth.

My memories of Clyde were actually a Pittodrie Scottish Cup QF in the late 80s - seem to recall a few of us, teenagers at the time, walking in midway through the second half and we won 5-0.

Edited by tarapoa

13 hours ago, tarapoa said:

We are more likely to come down to your level, which will likely be a bit better when McCall gets his feet under the table surely?

As well as Darvel, I still have unpleasant memories of how bad we were at Annan in the LC last season.  1-1 after 90 and glad to get ET, which we won 4-1.  Saying that, maybe if the perfectly legitimate equaliser at Darvel had not been 'mysteriously' disallowed, we could have kept that stain as equally under the radar as the shocker by the Solway Firth.

My memories of Clyde were actually a Pittodrie Scottish Cup QF in the late 80s - seem to recall a few of us, teenagers at the time, walking in midway through the second half and we won 5-0.

Stirling Albion this season wasn't exactly a comfortable 90+ minutes either.

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Dadia has to be away in January surely? Milne did well tonight but playing him out of position ahead of a guy in his natural position says a hell of a lot.

Gueye's signing as well looking more and more strange over time.

Had a WhatsApp forward today that was a number of things supposedly directly from burrows (yes taken with a heavy punch of salt) but suggested both Williams and dadia will be gone in January as they ‘haven’t worked out’ 

12 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Dadia has to be away in January surely? Milne did well tonight but playing him out of position ahead of a guy in his natural position says a hell of a lot.

I speak to an ex Dons player fairly frequently.

He confirmed that everything coming out of Pittodrie is that Dadia is mince. No surprise to anyone tbh.

23 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Devlin, Morris, & now Milne have been picked ahead of Dadia.

No biggie. A loan.

Gueye though… big fee paid.  
I won’t write him off on the back of his first 45 minutes in a Dons shirt on an ice rink.  
Maybe a loan in January to get him games would be an idea.  

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I do get the sentiment that gueye hasn’t had much time. But honestly every time I’ve seen him, I just don’t see a footballer at this level at all. At all. 

Totally agree. Tonight he was just sauntering around having no effect on play whatsoever. Although he did have that chance in the first couple of minutes, I haven't seen any replay so no idea how good a chance it was.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Had a WhatsApp forward today that was a number of things supposedly directly from burrows (yes taken with a heavy punch of salt) but suggested both Williams and dadia will be gone in January as they ‘haven’t worked out’ 

I appreciate you’ve said with a heavy pinch of salt because nobody with experience like Burrows would be sending messages like that to anyone who they didn’t fully trust.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

We must be spending a fortune on those two (and others) to not even make the bench. 

19 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Another Rubizic error leading to a goal. 
Maybe time to drop him. 
There’s been too many 

He can play well in the middle of a three - move him to the right and it’s different gravy, as we saw earlier in the season.

Thought he ended up exposing Milne as a consequence, not helped by HJK’s best player being their left-winger (worth a look?).

As for Gueye - just not going to happen. Dandies generally do not take to target men types and he’s way down the pecking order. In amongst the dreadful first half from every player, there were actually one or two nice touches suggesting there’s something there. Also he was good enough to play in the Belgian top flight - but the club maybe just need to cut their losses. 

The midfield needs bolstered and Hayes looks more and more done with each passing appearance.