The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

What's particularly encouraged me is usually we struggle against the physicality when we play St Johnstone, St Mirren and Kilmarnock but we've coped a lot better so far. 

We had 1 point from our corresponding fixtures against the same 3 opponents last season so to be 8 points better off is a real good building block for the harder challenges ahead

Agree, getting nine points against Levein, Robinson and McInnes sides is very encouraging - given their styles of play are generally what we always struggle against.

Of course on the latter two, we have benefited due to them coming off European matches. Despite the memories of last season when we got all the “poor wee lambs are tired” type stuff from both their fans when the roles were reversed. Such is life.

Will be interesting to see if that is transfer business concluded for this window - can foresee one more loan possibly in a right-sided defensive position.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Agree, getting nine points against Levein, Robinson and McInnes sides is very encouraging - given their styles of play are generally what we always struggle against.

Of course on the latter two, we have benefited due to them coming off European matches. Despite the memories of last season when we got all the “poor wee lambs are tired” type stuff from both their fans when the roles were reversed. Such is life.

Will be interesting to see if that is transfer business concluded for this window - can foresee one more loan possibly in a right-sided defensive position.

We are still looking to add 2 more. Winger and a defender. 

Anyone else heading to the DNA Q&A tonight with Jimmy Thelin?

Looking forward to this one. Yes some the questions are questionable but get a few gems in there sometimes.

sure be a better listen than the Robson one which I thought was going end up with him chinning a few people 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

Looking forward to this one. Yes some the questions are questionable but get a few gems in there sometimes.

sure be a better listen than the Robson one which I thought was going end up with him chinning a few people 

If his press conferences are anything to go by then I can't imagine him saying much of f**k all.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

If his press conferences are anything to go by then I can't imagine him saying much of f**k all.

He’s got a good knack of saying very little but still coming across well. Strong skill. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yimmy is tighter than two coats of paint when it comes to giving information away. 

That’s not a criticism.

Give journalists nothing as they’ll create a negative headline out of sod all. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

19 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yimmy is tighter than two coats of paint when it comes to giving information away. 

That’s not a criticism.

Robson had a unique skill of giving nothing away but still somehow coming across as a fool / argumentative. An odd mix.

22 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

That’s not a criticism.

"Thenorthernlight refuses the P&J access"

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Thenorthernlight refuses the P&J access"

“Cagey Jimmy thelin refuses to speculate on whether champions league football will impact domestic form in 25/26 season.“

22 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Robson had a unique skill of giving nothing away but still somehow coming across as a fool / argumentative. An odd mix.

Let’s be honest, the lug howker was a bit of a simpleton, when it came to football management & when it came to dealing with the media. 

23 hours ago, Moorie said:

able to share a recap?

14 minutes ago, d31 said:

able to share a recap?

Spoke about how Leven has been a help to him and his staff learning how the Scottish game works

players work hard come in on days off to go the gym

Doesn’t like looking back always looks forward and see us a project 

meal he could live off his spaghetti Bolognese as only thing he can make

would love to sit down with sir Alex Ferguson as learn the history of his time at the club

mentioned the clubs DNA a lot.

Rob Maclean mentioned would be no talk of Duk due to legal actions 

came across very well and seems like can have a laugh 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Possibly no more in. Whereas we all want better players in, it wouldn't be a disaster. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I’m pretty relaxed. 

I think a really good start to the season is hiding a few of the glaring issues.

I did hear that we're struggling to get targets to move to Scotland so aligns with a lot of the thoughts on here in the previous months.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I think a really good start to the season is hiding a few of the glaring issues.

I did hear that we're struggling to get targets to move to Scotland so aligns with a lot of the thoughts on here in the previous months.

When I say relaxed I don’t mean that I think we’re absolutely sorted. 

I said at the start of the window I didn’t want us to try and rush all the recruitment in One window and I wanted us to prioritise the spine of the team whilst adding some pace if we could. I think the club have delivered that in window 1. 

Yes, still short on quality in wide areas, full back, possibly centre half and depth in certain areas is poor. But it’s pretty much what I expected. 

And I am gaining trust that thelin at least knows how to and is willing to piss with the cock he’s got.