Bathgate Thistle Managerial Vacancy

Guest chavez

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring someone new in with fresh ideas who is going to buy into the community setup and stabilise the club and take it forward over the next 2-3 seasons as it's not a quick fix

What do you mean, "buy into the community setup"? Surely he should concentrate on the junior side of things before getting involved in any other areas? It's clearly still early days with the community club but I've yet to see any benefit brought to the junior team through this.

Agree with the rest of what you're saying. Big decision for the committee, hopefully we'll get it right though.

What do you mean, "buy into the community setup"? Surely he should concentrate on the junior side of things before getting involved in any other areas? It's clearly still early days with the community club but I've yet to see any benefit brought to the junior team through this.

Agree with the rest of what you're saying. Big decision for the committee, hopefully we'll get it right though.

Have you signed on the dotted line yet for

Craigshill Tower Afc

Ofcourse the manager that comes in needs to have an interest in community club , there are amateur sides , 21s and 19s team that will be able to provide players good enough to play for the club

With limited money available at clubs these days that's the way most clubs will be looking to for talent

True. Bringing local lads through would be good for attracting more punters through the door.

My only concern is are they up to the standard? Of course you came through that way but how many others in your eyes are capable of following? I've not seen them so can't comment.

I'd just like someone that put the junior team back in order before dabbling in other areas, that's all.

How many of the team are staying with the manager going. If most stay & bring in a few new faces. Won't b far away from play off spot I hope.

There needing a clear out if they want anywhere near a play off spot! Keep or 3

True. Bringing local lads through would be good for attracting more punters through the door.

My only concern is are they up to the standard? Of course you came through that way but how many others in your eyes are capable of following? I've not seen them so can't comment.

I'd just like someone that put the junior team back in order before dabbling in other areas, that's all.[/

quote]

Plenty good enough to step up played against one of the bathgate 19s sides with the juniors a couple of times and there is some very good talents in there team, seen they had a pretty decent season aswell they were in a final at livi stadium other day and sure they reached the east of Scotland semi final

If they have right commitment could be decent juniors as Afew have been pro youth then released back to boys club

As for amateurs defo a couple still there good enough and fit enough for juniors but do they have the commitment to make two train session and attend games all over countries staying off the sauce that's the hard question

I'd just like someone that put the junior team back in order before dabbling in other areas, that's all.[/

quote]

Plenty good enough to step up played against one of the bathgate 19s sides with the juniors a couple of times and there is some very good talents in there team, seen they had a pretty decent season aswell they were in a final at livi stadium other day and sure they reached the east of Scotland semi final

If they have right commitment could be decent juniors as Afew have been pro youth then released back to boys club

As for amateurs defo a couple still there good enough and fit enough for juniors but do they have the commitment to make two train session and attend games all over countries staying off the sauce that's the hard question

You talking through experience lol

quote]

That's encouraging to hear about the young lads!

Will be interesting to see where we stand come August.

What should be evident is that for a a team like Bathgate, with hardly any support and therefore, little cash, is that they need the community club more than it needs them. The support that do go are ageing and only through the community club involvement will the club stand a chance in gaining a new generation of fans

To be fair to the committee they have recognised this and are fully in support of the community club.

The new manager will have to do likewise as this was a criticism that last year's manager rarely contributed

I'm in agreement that we drastically need to get more paying punters through the door. Our support is pitiful, especially for a town of the size.

Being a fan of the junior team my worry is that the team will be lost in a myriad of lesser, lower down the pecking order, teams. The junior team should be, and always, seen as the top of the table, no matter how many sit at it. From someone that is simply a fan paying at the gate, I'm not sure what benefit this new set up has brought to my team yet. I'm hoping in the next few years that'll change and I'm willing to wait and see. Hopefully the change will be for the good.

Archived