Dundee United 2014/15 Season

I'd imagine that depends on how many clubs are after him. If it's two or three decent clubs then we should be holding out for £300-400k. People may think that's quite a lot for someone with only six months left on his contract but each premiership place is worth about £80k I think and if he plays like that it could make a difference to where we end up.

Bump

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ST doesn't accept that he needs his head seen to. GMS at best can help us to 2nd and I think a lot of people might be accepting 2nd is a bit of a long shot due to our away form. Even if we finished 4th because he left we'd still show a tidy profit.

I guess it will come down to how serious ST & Jmac are about winning a cup this season, I can't see any other logical reason to reject the bid. Thanks for all the bums off seats moments G.

United turned all offers down for him,and he ses he's there till the summer

Can only assume it's not a move the lad wants. If a club he is interested in comes in with an offer I reckon the deal would be done.

post-22765-0-90604400-1420651498_thumb.j

400k may tempt United but Sheffield Uniteds offer is only 100k allegedly, plenty time in the window yet for further offers. If I thought he could play the remainder of the season as he has the last 2 games I would want to keep him here but that's a big if as just a month ago I felt we should take anything we could get as he just didn't seem interested at all. Tough choice for utd if a decent bid comes in.

If yous can get 400k upfront for GMS i would take it.

He clearly is leaving plus i do think that Conolly can step up for you guys long term. Cracking player.

People are getting prematurely excited about Connolly. Good prospect, but I'd be happy if he turns into half the player GMS is.

GMS is absolute quality. Has so much natural ability. If he can stay fit and get some consistency in his game then he is definitely good enough for EPL - and there are very few players in the league I would say that about.

He could be the difference between 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th so should keep him till end of the season. He was bought for free anyways

That's assuming he plays like he has in the last two games; sadly there's no guarantee of that.

£400k would be a good deal for the club if we can get it.

That's assuming he plays like he has in the last two games; sadly there's no guarantee of that.

Yeah it seems a coincidence that he starts playing well around the transfer window

See Cathro linked with the Rangers job. Would be good move for both. Gers fan and will start bringing youth through instead of old men. Thoughts?

Four points behind Barca and Atletico Madrid in arguably the best league in Europe in his first season, versus a hilarious, hideous club in endless turmoil who have a good chance of playing 2nd Scottish tier football next season, but will be expected to win win win regardless?

I really can't see a guy of his astuteness going for it but who knows, maybe the chance to be the man who turned The Rangers around is attractive enough.

I agree. I'd take the money and run. Cracking player on his day but the last 2 games have masked his previous performances this season (I still love him though).

See Cathro linked with the Rangers job. Would be good move for both. Gers fan and will start bringing youth through instead of old men. Thoughts?

Only an idiot would take a job at a recently established club with no history that has stumbled from financial crisis to financial crisis since it's formation and is supported by cretins.

Archived