Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Probably the most incredible thing is the number of zombies using the term 'bigot' to describe ST/United/Arabs. The irony is right off the scale!

The Rangers Sevco dictionary has the definition of Irony as: A bit like an Iron

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just fuckin wow.

I'm just a Dons fan having a peep at your United thread to join in and giggle at your chairman causing a collective *** seethe with his truthful comments.

Then I get the link to their media site on here, fuckin awful. Folk wanting people to die or get cancer??? That new club and its followers are sub human at times.

Is it any wonder everyone seems to enjoy their football more in their absence?

This will probably come back to bite our arse, however I'm sure ST will be prepared for that out come.

ST is just chancing his mitt and he's not intentionally trolling Rangers although it seems like it at times.

Rangersmedia for real? 'bigot' 'starved of cash' and death wishes a plenty. This is why no c**t fucking likes you.

Wow, just fuckin wow.

I'm just a Dons fan having a peep at your United thread to join in and giggle at your chairman causing a collective *** seethe with his truthful comments.

Then I get the link to their media site on here, fuckin awful. Folk wanting people to die or get cancer??? That new club and its followers are sub human at times.

Is it any wonder everyone seems to enjoy their football more in their absence?

Was doing the same, and completely agree!

Getting away from Frodo Thompson.

I have not participated in the 'Prediction' thread (other than to say I won't underestimate Motherwell again) because it's far too early to see how the league win pan out. OK I know it's just a bit of closed season fun.

But what do Arabs think that we should be looking for from our own team?

At the end of the 2012-13 season we lost Daly and Russell, a fantastic striking partnership, and we lost Flood who, as the season progressed, became our most influential player. Yet, with a largely new, untested team, we still managed to finish fourth and reach the final of the Scottish Cup whilst going out the League Cup in questionable circumstances.

Assuming we deal with our CD requirements and don't lose more than one or two players (GMS and Armstrong being the most likely IMO) what is a REASONABLE and SENSIBLE objective for us?

I know that will depend upon how other teams strengthen and perform but is a top three finish and, therefor, a place in Europe achievable?

FWIW looking at the transfer activities in other teams I think this may be a tougher league than last season.

A lot obviously depends on our transfer dealings but I don't think we'll be very likely to sell given that the bank will be taking a substantial cut of any transfer fees. If, as you've said, we sort out our defensive issue then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be looking to finish 2nd. I think Aberdeen and Motherwell will be affected by having to start so early in Europe and may burn out come March/April time, especially Aberdeen as they have quite a reliance on a few older players. I don't think it would be fair to say I'd be disappointed if we didn't finish top 3 but with the squad we have available it would probably mean they've under performed if we don't.

"... demand that Dundee United show us the respect we are due as Scotlands largest club.If we look back to the administration /liquidation fiasco you could maybe see how we were perceived as tax cheats who gained an unfair advantage over our opposition and possibly understand other fans contempt for us.But with the benefit of hindsight we are all now aware that we were infact the victims of Whytes fraud and have suffered horrendously despite having not done anything wrong."

85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.jpg

This is brilliant

I think the biggest impact on our final position this year will be how much JMac has learnt this season. He made a few costly mistakes last season, however if he has learnt from his mistakes and works hard over the summer on a plan B can't see why we can't compete for a European spot. I think we should first and foremost be looking to finish top 6 and work within a top 6 budget like last season.

ST and JMac do seem an ambitious duo so I'd imagine we'll have a bigger wage budget this year and I'm sure I read ST saying there is money to spend, it just won't be £750k for Mathie. I'd like us to sign a defender like Wright(A bit younger though) or Anderson from the saints, like we've all said an experienced no nonsense defender to shore up the back four.

As for players leaving; regardless of who leaves I believe we have enough depth to handle losing two players. I can't see Armstrong improving too much more at us, so I'd be happy to see him make a good career move. GMS is a funny one, I think his time would be best served at us, I can't see him having a real impact in the English Championship. But Gauld and Dow are both capable and now with Telfer and Spittal(??) there is a lot of competition in that area.

I think JMac will have a bit of a dilemma on his hand's with both Graham and Rado, does he stick with them or does he replace them... They both strike me as confidence players so I'd imagine Rado would get by with a solid back 4 however Graham isn't going to play enough so would probably be better leaving, I think he could cut it in this league if he played week in, week out but that's not going to happen at us next season.

I do think we'll finish in the top 3, unlike Granny I think Motherwell's financial situation and cut-backs could finally catch up with them, however if they finished 2nd again I wouldn't be surprised McCall is doing a great job there, however he's surely the next Rangers manger and if not an English club will surely come knocking soon.

Oh and another cup run and a win against Rangers would be nice.

PS, what would you guys like to see happen at RB?

Getting away from Frodo Thompson.

I have not participated in the 'Prediction' thread (other than to say I won't underestimate Motherwell again) because it's far too early to see how the league win pan out. OK I know it's just a bit of closed season fun.

At the end of the 2012-13 season we lost Daly and Russell, a fantastic striking partnership, and we lost Flood who, as the season progressed, became our most influential player. Yet, with a largely new, untested team, we still managed to finish fourth and reach the final of the Scottish Cup whilst going out the League Cup in questionable circumstances.

Assuming we deal with our CD requirements and don't lose more than one or two players (GMS and Armstrong being the most likely IMO) what is a REASONABLE and SENSIBLE objective for us?

I know that will depend upon how other teams strengthen and perform but is a top three finish and, therefor, a place in Europe achievable?

FWIW looking at the transfer activities in other teams I think this may be a tougher league than last season.

Top 4 and forfarshire cup

PS, what would you guys like to see happen at RB?

My preference would be to see Watson and Dillon fight out for the right back spot. Dillon looked his most composed when he was playing there last season but Watson wasn't too bad either over the year and he also is one of the few in our team who posed any sort of threat in the air from set piece deliveries. Wilson, barring pre-season training having a miraculous effect on him, should only be called on if we're really struggling for options.

I don't know where I read this but I think I saw somebody write that Spittal was originally meant to be a progressive right back, but because Queens Park were starved for attacking options they played him in midfield. Perhaps any Spiders fans looking in could say whether or not that's a load of bollocks. If that is the case and if it does turn out that he's going to sign for us then perhaps McNamara will be looking at him to be Robertson Mk. 2.

As for my expectation for next year, unless we lose two or three of our players in the transfer market, I'll be disappointed if we don't at least match 4th place. I thought this season past would be a much more difficult and transitionary season than it was and now the young players have had another years experience and got more used to playing together so we've got a good opportunity to kick on as a team next season. It goes without saying at this point though that we do need to get an experienced centre-half in. And while the sight of it would take a while to get used to and comfortable with him playing for us, getting Kris Boyd would be a big boost for next season. I don't see it happening myself but I was really surprised by just how much Boyd made me change my opinion of him as he seemed far more willing to work for the team at Killie and his goal against Hibs in the play-off decider was just yet another reminder that he's still a ruthless b*****d in front of goal.

And while the argument we've used to pay less compensation for Telfer is both really amusing and very pleasing, the Sunday Post's report on it is pathetic shit-stirring, claiming that we've declared this or that while it actually appears that they we haven't actually spoken to them and given them a quote. Especially not the deeply amusing "You've only 2 years old" they've used as the stories headline. They've also taken the time to vilify Thompson for the many, many evil actions he's done to Rangers, Sevco and Rangers and Sevco fans in the past few years whilst failing to mention that he's received death threats at times from these fans. It's infuriating to still see pretty much all articles like this continually highlight figures like Thompson and their roles in Sevco being refused entry to the SPL and take the stance that this was in anyway unfair or the wrong decision.

From what I've seen of the reaction on Rangers media, on the most part they've once again managed to surpass themselves in behaving like a mob of vile arseholes. The comment about hoping cancer was hereditary in the Thompson family that was quoted earlier in this thread was a particularly low blow, even for them.

At the end of the 2012-13 season we lost Daly and Russell, a fantastic striking partnership, and we lost Flood who, as the season progressed, became our most influential player.

As much as I have a go at Paton for not offering enough, Flood's problem was that he wanted to do everything, which often left Rankin just tottering about, and Flood wasn't capable of doing everything! So not a huge miss.

Daly had about four good games that season, so Ciftci has been a colossal improvement, and obviously the attacking trios have stepped up to lessen the loss of Russell.

We desperately need a first choice bruiser of a centre half that can stop the goals rolling in and guide Souttar along, and a striker up top so we can punt Graham somewhere. Apart from that, we're fine, apart from replacing Paton with someone that can actually play fitba ;)

No idea who we will lose though, so hard to be optimistic/pessimistic yet!

You know watching that Soccer Aid malarkey, I'd take that Sam Worthington bloke at CB. Can't do much worse than Gunning from last season :P

I reckon Jaap Stam might be the big bruiser of a centre half we've been looking for. Get him signed Jackie. :thumsup2

Right back is an interesting topic. Watson was fielded at centre half in the final league game vs Celtic and it might be McNamara sees his future there. We've all heard the rumours that he doesn't train ala Ledley King. His days at full back may be at an end.

Archived