Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not very excited about the prospect of West Ham visiting us, although it might give me a chance to shout abuse at Sam Allardyce, something I have always wanted to do.

au contraire mon amis, well looking forward to this :P

Heard we are trying to sign Declan Gallagher the former Dundee defender, Dundee freed him, however it was supposedly for financial reasons and was not due to his ability. Can't say I know much about the lad, except he allegedly leathered a boy with a baser and likes to get in bar brawls alongside Kyle Benedictus. I'm not sure he's the man to shore up the back four.

Don't think there's much to it anyway, as JMac is still soaking up the sun somewhere.

Heard we are trying to sign Declan Gallagher the former Dundee defender, Dundee freed him, however it was supposedly for financial reasons and was not due to his ability. Can't say I know much about the lad, except he allegedly leathered a boy with a baser and likes to get in bar brawls alongside Kyle Benedictus. I'm not sure he's the man to shore up the back four.

Don't think there's much to it anyway, as JMac is still soaking up the sun somewhere.

Good backup up to Kenneth if/when we finally get him in.

Gallagher's a good defender and I would be pretty disappointed if he ended up at Tannadice. If it's for financial reasons, fair enough as he's not really good enough to break the bank for.

I'd expect he's away down south though.

Surely the take no shit defender we are looking for? ;)

Surely the take no shit defender we are looking for? ;)

Sounds like an even bigger wankjob than Gunning, and looks pretty skinny. No no, the fiend(s) we are looking for takes no shit, but he's got his head screwed on on top of mountains of meat.

Last thing we want is some halfwit. Despite public perception there are a lot of good, sensible football players out there.

Good news on Spittal. I see on the website that they suggest season ticket sales are up 16% on the same period last year - presuming this is just a timing thing as I doubt we will be up by that much. Hopefully still see a small rise on last season though.

Good news on Spittal. I see on the website that they suggest season ticket sales are up 16% on the same period last year - presuming this is just a timing thing as I doubt we will be up by that much. Hopefully still see a small rise on last season though.

How are prices compared to last year? I didn`t even bother looking as again an ST is a pointless exercise for me, as I`ll miss too many games. I`ll have to forego getting a ticket for any trip to Dens as a result, but I`m sure they`ll be on the box.

Great news on Spittal, if our squad get any younger I can see us getting sponsorship from Farley's Rusks.

I'm pretty sure season tickets increased quite a lot a couple of seasons ago, partly as a result of ST listening to the fans on the Sevco issue. It stabilised last year rather than dropping back, so a further increase this year would be terrific news.

Armageddon. :lol:

ETA to clarify, I mean an increase in season tickets sales, not prices. Prices same as last season.

How are prices compared to last year? I didn`t even bother looking as again an ST is a pointless exercise for me, as I`ll miss too many games. I`ll have to forego getting a ticket for any trip to Dens as a result, but I`m sure they`ll be on the box.

I can't remember what last year's was but if it has gone up it is by a miniscule amount (and it definitely hasn't gone down). To be fair I should probably just pay at the gate for the same reason but its handy if you are skint at month end you don't need to find the money to go. I guess it helps Utd establish budgets more easily if they have the money up front as well!

Evening Telegraph suggesting that United are still hopeful. of getting Curtis Good back on loan. Pardew thinking of elevating to first team squad, but player wants game time the article says.

Quite how Pardew still finds himself in a job at St James` to make any such decision is incredible.

Another promising youngster signs for United which is great, but we desperately need some 'elder statesmen' in the squad to add experience! Jackie is obviously waiting until after the World Cup just so he can sign one of the top performers from the competition. All the big clubs do it after each tournament….

Archived