Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much time injured?

He played 42 games last season!

He played in a few towards the end of the season which he shouldn`t have. McNamara tried to cover up the fact he was injured by telling us he was getting the flu all the time. Should not have been anywhere near the cup final team.

Point remains, I`d take the money for him now.

That will not be the starting 11 against Aberdeen. Telfer won't be near the starting 11 unless he pulls an Andy Robertson in pre-season. Also souttar will be a head of Morris in the pecking order. I also expect a new striker to be in place for that game. So there could be a system change or we'll see Ciftci deeper.

Also souttar will be a head of Morris in the pecking order.

That's not the case going by what Jackie's been saying over the last few days. Seems like Morris will be a certain starter.

That will not be the starting 11 against Aberdeen. Telfer won't be near the starting 11 unless he pulls an Andy Robertson in pre-season. Also souttar will be a head of Morris in the pecking order. I also expect a new striker to be in place for that game. So there could be a system change or we'll see Ciftci deeper.

Not convinced that Souttar will be ahead of Morris. Souttar is a great prospect but he's still learning and made a few glaring errors last season. If Morris looks like he can step up in the higher league I think he will play more games; being selective about the game he will play will also help Souttar's development.

Can't really predict any kind of team before a pre-season under their belts and the signings have all been finalised. Don't really know what the expectations are for the young players we've signed and how long it will take them to get into the side.

Can't really predict any kind of team before a pre-season under their belts and the signings have all been finalised. Don't really know what the expectations are for the young players we've signed and how long it will take them to get into the side.

Stop being the voice of reason, it's boring.

You getting a ST for this season?

Morris sounds like an older Souttar to me. Genuinely see him being this seasons Callum Butcher. Hope he can make the step up, however the fact that most Dunfermline fans have said he can be great one week and awful the next in the 3rd tier of Scottish football I'm not convinced furthermore I'm 95% certain Souttar would stroll league 1.

Stop being the voice of reason, it's boring.

You getting a ST for this season?

Well now that it sounds like you will criticise my sensible approach to football I might seek a seat elsewhere in the ground away from you!

I will hopefully be getting one yeah.

Morris sounds like an older Souttar to me. Genuinely see him being this seasons Callum Butcher. Hope he can make the step up, however the fact that most Dunfermline fans have said he can be great one week and awful the next in the 3rd tier of Scottish football I'm not convinced furthermore I'm 95% certain Souttar would stroll league 1.

Morris was the same in championship as well.

Edit: or division 1 as it was

Saying he would be awful is quite the exaggeration tbh, he didn't get in the team of the year by playing awful.He had a good first half of the season the last few months he tailed of, but then again our whole squad did. Likewise last season despite being in a relegated team he got in the championship team of the season. He's a very good player and will cope and succeed in the SPL.

If we don't finish 3rd or better I would class it as a poor season, less than 4th is unacceptable.

The players we have at our disposal, the continuity we've had for the last couple of years with very little first XI playing turnover from last to this coming season, probably the 3rd biggest budget in the league.

A cup win and top 4 is the aim.

If we don't finish 3rd or better I would class it as a poor season, less than 4th is unacceptable.

The players we have at our disposal, the continuity we've had for the last couple of years with very little first XI playing turnover from last to this coming season, probably the 3rd biggest budget in the league.

A cup win and top 4 is the aim.

I agree with the sentiments here. Still think we need a couple more signings, though. If that's Good + Boyd then I'll be delighted with how the squad looks. Fingers crossed.

Blackburn have released Goodwillie, lets all prey he finds a club before we have to resort to giving him his third spell. Early suggestions is Killie want him to partner Boyd next year. Wishful thinking on both parts...?

BOOKMARKED!!!

Can someone PM and explain how to bookmark a post.

Leave the tab open until the end of the season, though he'll no doubt Tippex out his comment later anyhow :angry:

Archived