Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMS could be off to Bulgaria according to theTele.

I`m not entirely against GMS going. This is the last opportunity to pick up any sort of fee for him, before leaving for nothing next summer. Bags of talent on his day, but boy spends too much time out injured. Cup final a case in point, should never have started that match.

As much as it would be nice to have him for another season, it's probably best for the club overall if he moves on for a decent fee. Anything north of £500k/£750k is probably good business.

Even if some of that does go to the bank and/or the new investors I would assume there'd still be enough left over to create a modest credit balance in the bank. Guys behind him in the queue (Telfer, Spittal, Fraser, Smith) also need an opportunity to make an impression.

As much as it would be nice to have him for another season, it's probably best for the club overall if he moves on for a decent fee. Anything north of £500k/£750k is probably good business.

Even if some of that does go to the bank and/or the new investors I would assume there'd still be enough left over to create a modest credit balance in the bank. Guys behind him in the queue (Telfer, Spittal, Fraser, Smith) also need an opportunity to make an impression.

£500k would be good business given the way the transfer market has become for teams like United.

Use some of it to attract Boyd.

Hoping to make the match against the sheep hopefully it doesnt get moved :D

Nailed on it will. Aberdeen playing Thursdays in Europe and TV will want it with no Celtic that weekend. I predict Sunday lunchtime.

Telfer would be playing instead of Rankin if anything and Gauld will be starting unless he has a 'mare in pre season. Which he won't. He'll probably score a free kick every game.

Re: Mackay-Steven, Bulgaria would be a good move.

Just realised I'm missing the first derby. Please change this to Friday night, you know it makes sense.

Friday night would be cracking night for the derby reckon the police would say no though the kill joys.

I`m not entirely against GMS going. This is the last opportunity to pick up any sort of fee for him, before leaving for nothing next summer. Bags of talent on his day, but boy spends too much time out injured. Cup final a case in point, should never have started that match.

Too much time injured?

He played 42 games last season!

Sorry to bore you with more Morris patter but there's a farewell interview with him here on Pars' official website http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20140619/a-big-thank-you-to-everyone_2207955_3915480

The gist of it is that he is mulling over his next hairstyle (though won't be dyeing it tangerine) and wants to help United bag a Europa League spot.

Archived