Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we concede within the first 15 minutes, not only the team, but the club will implode.

We have much to fear. Accies do not.

I will start:

Ohh f**k off hibs! Collins you useless clown how can you miss?! How did Nelson lose that header?!

Or 140 characters...

Anyway, my issue with Hibs going down is this media obsession, fuelled by Hearts and Sevco fans, that the "Championship will be the better league next season". Now thankfully Dunfermline have already fucked up part of that plan (yes, they were cited as being one of the big clubs for some weird reason). If Hibs somehow get through these games, then all that's left of their dream are Hearts and Sevco.

If Hibs win the play off the fourth biggest club in the league will be Raith. There will only be six fully full time teams.

It's not your fault. You just don't get to watch players like Puff, Stoksey and VVD every week. You'll be alright.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying the light hearted repartee from Acciebhoy. There aren't enough posters whose names end in "bhoy" to my mind. I just wish they'd stop getting themselves banned so we can enjoy them for longer.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying the light hearted repartee from Acciebhoy. There aren't enough posters whose names end in "bhoy" to my mind. I just wish they'd stop getting themselves banned so we can enjoy them for longer.

Your daily rage in the Independence forums is less light hearted and more unintentionally hilarious. You still thinking of trying to ban the Daily Mail? :lol:

Your daily rage in the Independence forums is less light hearted and more unintentionally hilarious. You still thinking of trying to ban the Daily Mail? :lol:

That's pretty impressive going since you only joined the forum last night.

Lemme guess, you've been viewing the forum for a while, but decided to join? That how it goes?

Went down to Easter Road this morning to get my ticket for the first leg.

I don't know all that much about Hamilton this season, except for the fact they seem to score a lot of goals. Not sure how much of an effect fatigue will play in this one. I read that Hibs were down at Spartans today to train, so hopefully the artificial pitch won't come as a total surprise although it should give Accies an advantage. Hoping Hibs can sneak a win or get a score draw. (I realise away goals don't count, but just to actually score a goal might give the team some confidence.) If they lose by a couple, it's going to be awful on Sunday.

As for the Hibs team I'd start with...

Williams

Maybury Forster Nelson Stevenson

Robertson Thomson

Cairney Stanton Craig

Heffernan

From memory, McGivern has provided crosses leading to the last two goals Hibs have scored, but I just see him as too much of a liability at the moment, at least with Stevenson you get full commitment. Thomson back in the middle would be a boost, as he seems Hibs best of trying to control the midfield and dictate play. Both Watmore and Harris seem more effective coming and with Hamilton having played twice and going into a third game in 8 days, I'd hope them coming off the bench with 20/30 minutes to go would allow them a bit more space to try exploit.

I don't know all that much about Hamilton this season, except for the fact they seem to score a lot of goals.

We score plenty and invariably create enough chances to win most games comfortably should we take them, but at the same time we're prone to concede a few as well.

From what I've seen of Hibs there's no reason we can't grab a couple of goals in the first leg to make Sunday a bit more bearable, but in saying that I have no idea what's going to happen.

First and foremost I hope we give ourselves a fighting chance for the trip to Easter Road. I'll obviously be there regardless but God it would be a bleak away day if we were already two or three down. :unsure2:

Went down to Easter Road this morning to get my ticket for the first leg.

I don't know all that much about Hamilton this season, except for the fact they seem to score a lot of goals. Not sure how much of an effect fatigue will play in this one. I read that Hibs were down at Spartans today to train, so hopefully the artificial pitch won't come as a total surprise although it should give Accies an advantage. Hoping Hibs can sneak a win or get a score draw. (I realise away goals don't count, but just to actually score a goal might give the team some confidence.) If they lose by a couple, it's going to be awful on Sunday.

As for the Hibs team I'd start with...

Williams

Maybury Forster Nelson Stevenson

Robertson Thomson

Cairney Stanton Craig

Heffernan

From memory, McGivern has provided crosses leading to the last two goals Hibs have scored, but I just see him as too much of a liability at the moment, at least with Stevenson you get full commitment. Thomson back in the middle would be a boost, as he seems Hibs best of trying to control the midfield and dictate play. Both Watmore and Harris seem more effective coming and with Hamilton having played twice and going into a third game in 8 days, I'd hope them coming off the bench with 20/30 minutes to go would allow them a bit more space to try exploit.

I quite like that team but wouldn't be against Mcgivern coming in at CB for Nelson.

I'd actually have a look at playing McGivern in an advanced position in midfield for this. He's better going forward than he is defending, and could be the provider Collins has been needing all season.

Never ever going to happen though.

My team would be

Williams

Maybury McPake Forster Stevenson

Harris Robertson Thomson McGivern

Stanton

Heffernan

What I reckon Butcher will play is;

Williams

Maybury Forster Nelson McGivern

Robertson Thomson

Harris Stanton Craig