Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if Hibs being the Championship would have benefited us or hindered us, they'd certainly have been another promotion contender so in that respect Hamilton being in the league may be a good thing. I would have fancied them to take a few points of Rangers though, something that Hamilton won't do and for us to be around the top we'll need them to drop a few.

I'd fancy us to win the league if we strengthen and maintain the feel good factor from the take over at the start of the season, this game has definitely shown the gap between the SPL and the Championship.

Rangers will walk the league next season no matter what teams are in it.

Based on what?

I'm not saying we'll win it, but The Rangers are a whisker away from admin MKII, and have absolutely zero money to spend, and their team last season was utter pish! Even their fans aren't too confident for next season.

I still reckon it will be between Hearts and Hibs ;)

I'll bite my own pride and say Hibs surprised me, best I've seen them play. How much of that was down to accies not being good enough is another matter. They seemed sloppy at the back and crap finishing. I guess the gap between the leagues really is larger than expected.

Based on what?

I'm not saying we'll win it, but The Rangers are a whisker away from admin MKII, and have absolutely zero money to spend, and their team last season was utter pish! Even their fans aren't too confident for next season.

I still reckon it will be between Hearts and Hibs ;)

I must admitt I fancy Hearts for the title next year, this year will have helped the young boys plenty. Few decent older players and they should be fine.

And this is based on ...

Even despite the absolute lol's they've provided, they still got 102 points in League 1 this year. Hearts, either Hamilton or Hibs etc wouldn't have won all but three games in that divsion this year.

A good wee run that got Hearts all the way up to the hypothetical position of 11th without the deduction, doesn't hide the fact that they're shite. One of the two teams I watched tonight will be one of the favourites outwith Rangers and they were both absolutely horrendously shite.

20 points gap minimum.

Not sure if Hibs being the Championship would have benefited us or hindered us, they'd certainly have been another promotion contender so in that respect Hamilton being in the league may be a good thing. I would have fancied them to take a few points of Rangers though, something that Hamilton won't do and for us to be around the top we'll need them to drop a few.

I'd fancy us to win the league if we strengthen and maintain the feel good factor from the take over at the start of the season, this game has definitely shown the gap between the SPL and the Championship.

I genuinely don't think it will be quite as straightforward as most Hearts fans seem to think. This game doesn't really show any 'gap' - anymore than a first division side beating a premiership side in a cup game, which happens quite regularly, shows that there is some sort of parity.

Take a play off spot next year and be happy.

Even despite the absolute lol's they've provided, they still got 102 points in League 1 this year. Hearts, either Hamilton or Hibs etc wouldn't have won all but three games in that divsion this year.

A good wee run that got Hearts all the way up to the hypothetical position of 11th without the deduction, doesn't hide the fact that they're shite. One of the two teams I watched tonight will be one of the favourites outwith Rangers and they were both absolutely horrendously shite.

20 points gap minimum.

Good we run after they'd been relegated. Even Morton managed that as well as a result against Accies.

I genuinely don't think it will be quite as straightforward as most Hearts fans seem to think. This game doesn't really show any 'gap' - anymore than a first division side beating a premiership side in a cup game, which happens quite regularly, shows that there is some sort of parity.

Take a play off spot next year and be happy.

It shows a Hibs team that haven't won in 13 games in the SPL, winning at the first time of asking against the 2nd best team in the Championship. I certainly don't think it'll be straightforward though, and I'd be surprised if there is anywhere near a 20 point gap at the top between ourselves or Rangers and the rest.

I'd take a playoff spot if we are guaranteed a diddy like St. Mirren in the final.

Hamilton were pathetic. Genuinely. I can only imagine how bad Morton were to concede ten against that side. I'll more or less give up football if we don't steamroller the First Division if that's the standard.

Well done to hibs though, as the old phrase goes, you can only beat the shite in front of you.

I must admitt I fancy Hearts for the title next year, this year will have helped the young boys plenty. Few decent older players and they should be fine.

Very difficult to put any kind of forecast on it at this stage as we have absolutely no idea who's coming in, I'm hoping it's a rebuilding job done properly, if so, then I wouldn't mind taking a year or two (or three) to regroup and get the club back on an even keel, 2 or 3 years of lower league football is a small price to pay for the guaranteed future of the club, and we get to see some new watering holes too! :D

Archived