Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

Some neat passing from us in the middle of the park in the 1st half but our final ball was poor and Curier isn't anywhere near as effective as Scotland at holding the ball up and linking play. Pity Scotland picked up a niggle. Cracking strike for their 1st goal. Cuthbert is getting a lot of stick. Don't know if it's justified as I haven't seen it replayed on telly yet but Cuthbert is claiming that the ball was moving about all over the place. 2nd half we started well but poor defending from us for the cross that lead to their 2nd. We were very flat after that, maybe the heads went down a bit. Fair play to Hibs, they defended well and Cummings took his chances well. Longridge really needs to work on his finishing in training. His composure is really poor in front of goal and has cost us in some of the big games.

I think Hibs will win comfortably now at Easter Road. Last night's win will have given them a big confidence boost going into the 2nd leg but if we can grab the opener there, it may unsettle some nerves amongst their support and players for us to capitalise.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think this is still up for grabs. Hamilton can score goals and our defence can always be suspect. Man early goal from Hamilton will get hibs nervous.

I don't think this is finished yet. A goal from hibs should see us through but I hope the players don't think it's done and duster yet

Nah don't think majority would agree with ya,

Hibs apart from the two goals were the fukkin mince they have been for half a season,

Hamilton on the other hand played some nice stuff and but for the cart-horse Curier may have scored a few themselves.

Anyway can't see a way back for Hamilton now so looks like big Terry gets another crack at the top league the jammy p***k :lol:

I agree that it wasn't comfy for hibs but I don't think Hamilton created too much in the last third. They had some good passing spells but I thought the hibs defence coped ok with it.

Hibs weren't mince. They could have scored another couple as well

Judging by what I've heard this season and what I've seen tonight, Hamilton must have had an off night. I do like how a lot of people are basing them on this solitary game of football however.

Also

Rangers will piss the league next season.

We should see just by Dunfermline that even getting into the playoff and being a 'BIHG TEEM' by no means guarantees coming straight up.

Jason FTH Cummings was very clinical.

Just for the laughs I think Antione curier should start.I was looking forward to the game as a neutral thinking Hibs are struggling a bit and Hamilton are on a good run but after ten minutes of curier not even able to control the ball.Seriously he might be a big bloke but he is woeful and continued to be like that the whole game how he remained on the park I'll never know.Cuthbert at fault for both goals in my opinion

I doubt you're as confident in reality as you're claiming - if you are, more fool you.

I've no idea where we will finish next season but I do know we have a young ambitious manager who has won promotion in 3 successive seasons and St Mirren have Tommy Craig :lol:

The case rests.

Dundee though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As a neutral slightly leaning towards supporting Hibs who was at the game I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing on the radio on the way home.

I thought Hibs were pretty awful especially in the first half. Created very little apart from a wonder goal that the goalie should have saved and some poor defending from Accies for the second. Accies didn't create much either and over hit a surprising number of passes and crosses given it's their pitch and I thought they'd be more used to it.

Also the plaudits for McGivern on here? I don't understand, thought he was consistently bullied by Antoine Courier in the first half, his distribution of the ball was pretty terrible (usually an aimless pump up the park) and I thought Accies could definitely have got at him.

Good support through from the Hibs fans and the game had a good atmosphere throughout.

Enjoyed the game but unfortunately I think the tie is probably over, can't imagine Hamilton will get two goals away from home but good luck to both teams, I'll be cheering for the Hibees again.

Dundee are going to be mega shite again next season by the looks of things if this is the level of a team they beat to the title by 2 points.

Good point. If that's the second placed team in the league we seen last night, and Dundee only won it by 2 points, by goodness they must be shite. Unlike Dundee, Thistle won the wee league in style last year, by over 10 points IIRC. Despite this they finished 10th.

There's absolutely no doubt who the favourites for 12th place will be next season. It's going to be boing-boing, trophy-less for a generation, laugh a minute Dundee.

Very poor from us - we looked tired and couldn't play a good final ball all night - though Hibs were better than I'd been led to believe.

There's no doubt that the current Accies' squad we have is nowhere near good enough for the 'Premiership' and we would have to strengthen if we got up.

Always said 1st goal was the winner last night and I think the same will be true on Sunday - I just hope we get it.

It's frustrating that people are forming their opinions on Accies based on last night's game. We didn't give a great account of ourselves, yet I still think we were the better team for the first half at least.

If our passing in the final third had been a bit better (a couple of shockers from Routledge in particular spring to mind) then we might just have nicked something.

Also, we're a completely different side when Scotland is on! I didn't realise he had picked up a knock before the match and thought it was strange that MAC got the nod ahead of him, but he must start on Sunday if fit.

The Championship is going to be shite next season regardless of who is going to be in the league. The quality of football will obviously not be as good as the top flight but the league will obviously be more exciting than normally, there is no denying that Hearts and Rangers in the second tier will make things more interesting, and Hibs would only add to that interest.

I don't see where this idea of it being "more exciting" comes from.

This season could be seen as "exciting" - the top three on the final day could each have finished anywhere in the top three, with top spot changing hands umpteen times throughout the season. Even in seasons when a team pulls away and wins it with games to spare, there's still plenty of twists and turns.

But next season it's hard to see beyond it being 1. Sevco; 2. Hearts after the first couple of games, and it staying that way until the end of the season.

Good point. If that's the second placed team in the league we seen last night, and Dundee only won it by 2 points, by goodness they must be shite. Unlike Dundee, Thistle won the wee league in style last year, by over 10 points IIRC. Despite this they finished 10th.

There's absolutely no doubt who the favourites for 12th place will be next season. It's going to be boing-boing, trophy-less for a generation, laugh a minute Dundee.

You must be glad that MorTen took the heat of you guys for a minute with their joke managerial appointment. Unfortunately for you though, their shit form next season will be buried away in the lower leagues while your veteran yet rookie manager's ineptitude will be there for all to see in the Prem.

I can't wait.

So you are actually trying to take the piss out of me for supporting Arbroath? Might be fucking diddies but they are my local team and I couldn't care less! Suppose I should just give up on them and go support a bigger team....? Might start following the OF so I can take the piss out of you?!?

Taking the piss out of someone because of the team they support is fucking tragic. :lol:

What point were you trying to make? :lol:

http://gph.is/1ghF9TX

You must be glad that MorTen took the heat of you guys for a minute with their joke managerial appointment. Unfortunately for you though, their shit form next season will be buried away in the lower leagues while your veteran yet rookie manager's ineptitude will be there for all to see in the Prem.

I can't wait.

Is a veteran rookie manager worse than just a rookie manager?

I can't remember the last time Dundee finished above us, indeed I can't remember the last time Dundee were anything other than a laughing stock. I fully expect that to continue next season.

As I said before the game this is a similar, possibly weaker Hamilton squad that came 5th when we were promoted and most of our squad weren't good enough for the Prem.

Unless Dundee clear out 90% of their squad they will probably struggle.

Is a veteran rookie manager worse than just a rookie manager?

I can't remember the last time Dundee finished above us, indeed I can't remember the last time Dundee were anything other than a laughing stock. I fully expect that to continue next season.

History goes for absolutely nothing here. Not a jot.

I would say our young and upcoming manager's refreshing outlook and philosophy on the game will stand us in much better stead than your prehistoric gaffer's ancient ideas on how the game should be played.

You believe this as well but why would you admit it?

Archived