Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I remember a few seasons ago arguing with the vikington twat. (Its so much better here without him).

He was raving about how good some of mortons players were. I said there wasn't a player at morton with the ability of greg stewart.

i got the predictable 'lol wut?' reply then 'greg who?' before attempting to ridicule me.

Well here is a quote from todays paper.

'Greg Stewart played celtic park like he owned it. His skills were dazzling and his direct play a constant source of torment for a fragile Celts defence.'

The paper also gave him man of the match.

Well ya slavering Viking, now you know.

I miss Greg.

I miss him more than you.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't miss him as he's still in my back pocket... I remember the website Tell Him He's Pele did a top 25 players in the SFL and there was no Stewart, Armstrong or Hemmings (but John Gemmell was there lolz). I genuinely don't think other fans really appreciated how good he was until last season. He was phenomenal.

I don't miss him as he's still in my back pocket... I remember the website Tell Him He's Pele did a top 25 players in the SFL and there was no Stewart, Armstrong or Hemmings (but John Gemmell was there lolz). I genuinely don't think other fans really appreciated how good he was until last season. He was phenomenal.

Sure Chopper and Kane got honourable mentions or something like that in that series but Greg was nowhere to be seen.

We need to demythologise this argument before Greg becomes known as St Gregory of Fife. Despite Greg's natural ability, the truth is that he spent quite a lot of time at Central Park on the bench. Discuss, friends.

Bizarrely he started last season on the bench when Mickey started Andy Russell ahead of him. Don't recall Russell ever creating let alone scoring a goal. Madness.

Greg really hit top form last season and got the move his hard work deserved. The only Cowden player in recent times that matched/bettered him for skill was Markus P. Shame his horror injury stopped him reaching his full potential, but he was an exciting player to watch when he was at the top of his game just like Greg.

Twice - one at Dundee and one in the last home game - was it 1-0 v Stirling. Lewis Coult was Ok - he made a contribution in his time at Cowden. Andy Russell tried hard that's all I can say. Greg is a super player and a nice lad - he kept on developing after coming back into the senior game and it was ridiculous that with all that great natural ability that big teams released him because he was too wee. They should have been investing in Scottish players of his quality instead of always bringing in more foreign players.

Twice - one at Dundee and one in the last home game - was it 1-0 v Stirling. Lewis Coult was Ok - he made a contribution in his time at Cowden. Andy Russell tried hard that's all I can say. Greg is a super player and a nice lad - he kept on developing after coming back into the senior game and it was ridiculous that with all that great natural ability that big teams released him because he was too wee. They should have been investing in Scottish players of his quality instead of always bringing in more foreign players.

I thought things could have been different for Russell if that one hadn't come back off the bar at Alloa. He never really looked like scoring after that despite always giving it loads of effort.

I can never remember which way round it was but either Greg or Coult got a hat-trick against Vale of Leithen in the cup and the other scored 2. Whoever it was that scored the brace got man of the match. That game was in October or November and i don't think Coult scored again that season before moving on. Did OK in the 2nd as it was then.

I can never remember which way round it was but either Greg or Coult got a hat-trick against Vale of Leithen in the cup and the other scored 2. Whoever it was that scored the brace got man of the match. That game was in October or November and i don't think Coult scored again that season before moving on. Did OK in the 2nd as it was then.

Greg got a hat trick in the Vale of Leithen game. Coult scored a stunning back heel flick over his head.

Coult has ability but also a horrible attitude to match. Was popular in the dressing room and scored a few important goals. My favourite was his Boxing Day goal against Stenny.

Greg got a hat trick in the Vale of Leithen game. Coult scored a stunning back heel flick over his head.

Coult has ability but also a horrible attitude to match. Was popular in the dressing room and scored a few important goals. My favourite was his Boxing Day goal against Stenny.

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/2011/12/136/26th-highlights-cowdenbeath/

I don't think Coult had/has much ability to be honest. He hit a purple patch for us but he has done nothing at all since - tells its own story. I was also told Squib had to be pulled away from him at training as he was wanting to punch his head in.

I did enjoy that Boxing Day goal though, Morton was unplayable that day. Tore Lyle to shreds in the gale force winds.

Archived