Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played East Fife a few years back at CP with a 12 noon kick off.

Yeah I remember that. We have had many a 2pm kick off for Stock Cars but I don't understand why anyone is annoyed about this being an early kick off.

Short journey and leaves people with all day free.

Yeah I remember that. We have had many a 2pm kick off for Stock Cars but I don't understand why anyone is annoyed about this being an early kick off.

Short journey and leaves people with all day free.

I'm not that fussed wouldn't have minded it being on the Sunday as that was the original date for the Hearts v Rangers game, could have went to another game on the Saturday.

Good to hear Willie got a nice send off. Still can't quite believe it either, all happened so sudden.

It was quite touching, loads of fond memories of him at the games over the years. Shows how popular a person he was the amount of people who were there today to send him off.

That's me shafted for making the Alloa game, don't finish work till 1pm, cheers SPFL.

Probably be the same with me, joys of being a postie eh. I'm going to try and ask for it off as I carried over 6 days from last year (April - March) but reckon it'll be too short notice for them, especially with it being a Saturday.

Probably be the same with me, joys of being a postie eh. I'm going to try and ask for it off as I carried over 6 days from last year (April - March) but reckon it'll be too short notice for them, especially with it being a Saturday.

I Don't think the guys at the top realise what some fans go through to get to the football. Im lucky im off that Saturday but certainly know the stresses of trying to get time off or a swap for the football.

I understand the need for change sometimes but the last game of the season is always one of the first games you look at for trying to get off just incase its going to be a massive game.

A lot more people work Saturdays nowadays meaning more n more people miss games especially when they start mucking about with fixtures with 2 weeks to go.

I Don't think the guys at the top realise what some fans go through to get to the football. Im lucky im off that Saturday but certainly know the stresses of trying to get time off or a swap for the football.

I understand the need for change sometimes but the last game of the season is always one of the first games you look at for trying to get off just incase its going to be a massive game.

A lot more people work Saturdays nowadays meaning more n more people miss games especially when they start mucking about with fixtures with 2 weeks to go.

They definitely don't. One of the reasons a lot of fans don't attend games nowadays is because they are playing football themselves, or their kids are playing football on Saturdays, especially early on Saturdays.

If there were no kids football, or amateur football on Saturday, I think there would be a big increase in crowds over all the leagues.

Maybe those ruining (sorry, running) the game should ask all the amateur leagues to play on Sundays instead.

They can ask them but there's nothing they can do to enforce it. Surely it's not a new thing that other teams play on a Saturday.

You make a choice, playing or going to football. In my experience the majority of guys I played with had little interest in going to games.

Young ones play on Saturday mornings then Sunday's until under 17. I don't think that's much of an issue.

I know plenty of guys who would go to games but can't because they play amateur games on Saturday. It's a shame that's all.

Suppose that has happened for a good many of years as Muzz said earlier folk have to choose to either watch or play football.

Archived