Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in a taxi in Edinburgh this morning. The driver asked what I was here for, and I told him I was doing broadcasts about the 21st anniversary edition of Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil. He laughed, then asked if I remembered a cup tie with Hibs at CP in the 1990s. I said I did, and said that a stonewall penalty was denied Cowden. He agreed it was a stonewall penalty, then added, "I know, because I was the man who brought the Cowden player down in the box!" He said he was amazed the ref never gave it. The taxi driver was Gordon Hunter.

I'm live on Off the Ball tomorrow with Stuart Cosgrove and Tam Cowan, and speaking at Waterstones, Kirkcaldy on Tuesday evening beginning at 7pm - free beer and pie - ticketed event, though tickets are free.

I was in a taxi in Edinburgh this morning. The driver asked what I was here for, and I told him I was doing broadcasts about the 21st anniversary edition of Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil. He laughed, then asked if I remembered a cup tie with Hibs at CP in the 1990s. I said I did, and said that a stonewall penalty was denied Cowden. He agreed it was a stonewall penalty, then added, "I know, because I was the man who brought the Cowden player down in the box!" He said he was amazed the ref never gave it. The taxi driver was Gordon Hunter.

I'm live on Off the Ball tomorrow with Stuart Cosgrove and Tam Cowan, and speaking at Waterstones, Kirkcaldy on Tuesday evening beginning at 7pm - free beer and pie - ticketed event, though tickets are free.

It's hard to believe it's been 21 years. I still read it regularly as it is my link to where I came from and helps keep me centered. Congratulations and thank you for writing it. Now lets see the Blue Brazil do well this season and stay up.

Good stuff Ron funny enough Gordon ended up playing a few games for us at the end of his career. Shame your event is on at the same time as the St Mirren game.

Never forget that challenge on Herd. I remember Murdo McLeod trying to keep a straight face when asked about it after the game.

I mind years later asking Keith Wright and Mickey Weir who played in the game about it - they just laughed :lol:

Good stuff Ron funny enough Gordon ended up playing a few games for us at the end of his career. Shame your event is on at the same time as the St Mirren game.

Yes, pity about the clash, but couldn't be avoided. There'll be an event in Cowdenbeath at the start of the new season.

Excellent Ron. Will be buying the updated version to complete the collection. Been reading some of 'Fear and loathing in lo'gelly' but as a simple joiner there's a few words I require help with shall we say!

listened in to on the ball ,good stuff ron,after eights had me laughing,ill be doon in kdy for an updated version my fotos in alex maxwells book ,chicargo tumbles,another great book

Thanks, Zorro. See you in Kirkcaldy. Might be wise to phone Waterstones and reserve a (free) ticket.

Excellent Ron. Will be buying the updated version to complete the collection. Been reading some of 'Fear and loathing in lo'gelly' but as a simple joiner there's a few words I require help with shall we say!

Like Jesus you're a joiner, Al, but not simple.

listened in to on the ball ,good stuff ron,after eights had me laughing,ill be doon in kdy for an updated version my fotos in alex maxwells book ,chicargo tumbles,another great book

It was great to be with Stuart and Tam. These guys are real pros. They also wave a flag for the view that Scottish football doesn't begin and end with the Old Firm. I also enjoyed Billy Brown's company.

Archived