Port Glasgow Juniors

youngportman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to someone i know in the council about this and have discussed it with a port committee member too. Both sides are pretty certain they are not in the wrong. Port are sure they will sort it out while the council have taken their stance and are sure they can stand behind it. Time will tell who is right. Don't know any trade secrets to share.

I really hope it gets sorted in the Port's favour and we can get back to playing football in our home town.

I read the article posted from the evening times and couldn't keep a straight face. Bruno talking like he's supercoach. The team looks to be improving and there's good enough players there for a promotion challenge but can't believe the guy has sat in the job contently for as long as he has while achieving nothing but relegation and mediocrity. I know there are players on here who will feel need to defend their gaffer but i have seen plenty of games in the past 6 years to form my opinion that with a bit of direction the port would not be finishing mid/bottom of the 2nd division.

I read the article posted from the evening times and couldn't keep a straight face. Bruno talking like he's supercoach. The team looks to be improving and there's good enough players there for a promotion challenge but can't believe the guy has sat in the job contently for as long as he has while achieving nothing but relegation and mediocrity. I know there are players on here who will feel need to defend their gaffer but i have seen plenty of games in the past 6 years to form my opinion that with a bit of direction the port would not be finishing mid/bottom of the 2nd division.

You will see a different port team this season. Team have added a bit of quality in the right places. They will be fighting for promotion this season

You will see a different port team this season. Team have added a bit of quality in the right places. They will be fighting for promotion this season

Hope so. I don't think the problem has been lack of quality players the past few years just a poorly set up team.

Walton will make a big difference organising the defence and that has been the biggest problem. If Nugent finds a bit of form I think it could be a good season.

Anyone got Nugent's goal tally for the past couple of seasons? Few years ago he was talked about a lot on here for finding the back of the net and throwing in quality performances. Has he dipped? just with the demise of the Port of late I was wondering if this was a factor? Good player on his day no doubt ;)

Listen mate its a game of opinions and u clearly have yours facts are no matter hiw u dress it up the port have been poor for a few years now bruno puts the best team hes got on the park if they dont perform or their attitudes are in question thrn he must move them on like he has done simple as that . He rebuilds every season without a penny so where do u think hes goin to get a top team from he has relied mostly on young local boys or amater players who as i said some have ability no doubt but the attitudes are rotton and rhat my friend is a fact . Also i can assure u that his training is first class and probably better thsn anywhere i have played thats also a fact . This year he has been a little luckier a few old boys have decided to come home to play again and with them comes some more better standard players they have met along the way so hopefully all going well u should see a real port team back on the park and if we do well i look forward to seeing u supporting your so called team an management fur a change ....jcole think the nuge has scored 25 over the last 2 season very poor for him altho they have been injury hit years the year bfore that he scored 37 and all in hes been at the port for 10 years and scored over 200 goal take into consideration the last 2 years and probably his first 2 or 3 years when he was by no means first choice thats a very good return hes still only 27 i think and jat so every1 knows is absolutely flying at preseason so im looming forward to another big year for him ????

....jcole think the nuge has scored 25 over the last 2 season very poor for him altho they have been injury hit years the year bfore that he scored 37 and all in hes been at the port for 10 years and scored over 200 goal take into consideration the last 2 years and probably his first 2 or 3 years when he was by no means first choice thats a very good return hes still only 27 i think and jat so every1 knows is absolutely flying at preseason so im looming forward to another big year for him

thanks for that response mate, good luck with the pre season preparations ;)

Listen mate its a game of opinions and u clearly have yours facts are no matter hiw u dress it up the port have been poor for a few years now bruno puts the best team hes got on the park if they dont perform or their attitudes are in question thrn he must move them on like he has done simple as that . He rebuilds every season without a penny so where do u think hes goin to get a top team from he has relied mostly on young local boys or amater players who as i said some have ability no doubt but the attitudes are rotton and rhat my friend is a fact . Also i can assure u that his training is first class and probably better thsn anywhere i have played thats also a fact . This year he has been a little luckier a few old boys have decided to come home to play again and with them comes some more better standard players they have met along the way so hopefully all going well u should see a real port team back on the park and if we do well i look forward to seeing u supporting your so called team an management fur a change ....jcole think the nuge has scored 25 over the last 2 season very poor for him altho they have been injury hit years the year bfore that he scored 37 and all in hes been at the port for 10 years and scored over 200 goal take into consideration the last 2 years and probably his first 2 or 3 years when he was by no means first choice thats a very good return hes still only 27 i think and jat so every1 knows is absolutely flying at preseason so im looming forward to another big year for him

I am behind the team and want to see a winning Port Juniors that's not for a change. I got a slightly different opinion than you about stuff from recent seasons and your always going to get that with football. There are no shortage of good players in Inverclyde and if you're saying attitudes have been rotten with some players that have been brought in that's fair enough but there's a general unwillignness of players to go to the Port. I got my opinions on why but that's not for getting into on here.

Hope you guys bring a good support to Ballingry Rovers on Saturday and make it a good trip....we will have the social club open from around 11am and hope you guys enjoy it.....do you guys normally carry a good support when playing away from home to clubs from other regions....

Archived