Port Glasgow Juniors

youngportman

To say junior clubs shouldn't keep an eye on amateur players is pathetic in my opinion mate, as a greenock high school fan I know of 4/5 players who have knocked back port this season, also more that's knocked back greenock!

If you look in the league the GHS are playing you'd see a league full of class players, many moving to junior clubs and a few senior at times.

A few of the junior clubs in the prem have signed players from GHS league so to say that Largs shouldn't be looking that way is crazy...

Usually agree and see sense in your posts but think this one is a tad disrespectful towards a level of football that would surprise junior players that look down their noses.

You've missed the point. Ginge was saying a super league club should be building on established players and not taking best amateur and pro youth as that leaves slim pickings for likes of port and Greenock.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loughran, Greenlees, brown, mcdonald, Davis, Higgins, Nixon are the ones I know of.

Didn't even embarrass yourselves by asking Bradley as he'd laugh at you

And not to labour the debate as it's normally Greenock Morton fans hijacking a port thread not Greenock amateur fans but the likes of brown was at the port and released. Laughran a great Wee player but would he play in front of people like Nugent who've scored over 200 junior goals or experienced pro black? No I think your off the mark. As for Nixon yes if we go on what he says he'll play for the Harlem globe trotters one day but good luck with him turning up on a regular basis as is required. The others never heard of them in the Tilly's weekly mud n glory pages.

Aye your right roy he did miss the point clubs like us should be trying to get the players that are decent from these clubs largs imo are a bigger club looking to play in the premier league and no matter what he thinks i can tell u for a fact the standard of the junior premier league is miles ahead of whatever league they play in as for the rest of the nonsence ges spouting about the majority of their players strolling into our team im afraid that is actually laughable but every1 to their own opinion mines is only bradley and maybe wee gary would get in our team vut even at that wee gary has already been and left brcause he couldnt get in our team

I agree with Wicked Delivery.

Greenockbasedfan, can you tell me the names of these superstars that would stroll in to the Port team?

Remember a few of your players have played at the Port before, there is a reason they left mate.

Jamie Bradley had a spell at Greenock a few years ago and couldnt get in the team? So to suggests that he or any other player would stroll into either team is nonsense.

Junior football is a step up from amatuer and anyone who suggests otherwise obviously hasnt played it.

Jamie Bradley Scotland international

I agree with Wicked Delivery.

Greenockbasedfan, can you tell me the names of these superstars that would stroll in to the Port team?

Remember a few of your players have played at the Port before, there is a reason they left mate.

The few I mentioned earlier would probably start in my opinion

I think you should worry about your own team high school fan. Any team that let's big Rab O'Kane leave don't have a clue about what a good player looks like!

Nae need for that Chris... Sorry a mean Roy. ????????

Archived