-----

Crawford

Gilmour

Slane

Donald

Beattie

McKenzie

McGill

We dont need average loan players who are just playing games for the sake of it. Time for change.

Go on Marko, give it a total mix-up. Watched all of these players over the last few years. Either 1st team, 19s/20s or Reserves. This team wouldn't do any worse than the shambles we've been watching recently. Nothing to lose and freshen it up time

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hutton

Devlin. McCracken. Murphy. Muir.

Wardrope. McCreadie.

Nisbet. McLaughlin Forrest.

McGovern

Subs

-----

Crawford

Gilmour

Slane

Donald

Beattie

McKenzie

McGill

We dont need average loan players who are just playing games for the sake of it. Time for change.

Go on Marko, give it a total mix-up. Watched all of these players over the last few years. Either 1st team, 19s/20s or Reserves. This team wouldn't do any worse than the shambles we've been watching recently. Nothing to lose and freshen it up time

Yes that team would definately keep results going like they are currently tbf

McGovern...as a striker..on his own..

Wardrop & Nisbet definitely deserve a chance , Nissy is racking up the goals in the u20s .

Just back from Galabank and At 17s the squad is top of the League at Christmas with 18 points out of 18 , Jai Holland ( Centre Fwd ) , David Richardson ( Centre Mid ) and Jarod Keifer ( Centre Fwd ) have already all featured in a number of Reserve & 20s matches and are only still 16.

Ayr United Youth Academy has strength in depth but my only worry is that good young players like Jackson Longridge are having to move on to get their chance at first team football.

Now , I don't hide my allegiances , I am a Killie fan !

The current situation at Ayr reminds me of season 1997 at Killie , we were in freefall and looked like we were going down , no one knew where the next win was coming from but Bobby Williamson as a last fling of the dice introduced two kids , Burke & Bagan and we stayed up on the last day and won the Cup ! Burke especially was a revelation , turning Enricco Annonni inside out in one game at Rugby Park as Killie beat Celtic. The moral of the story is that kids play with no fear and bring " legs " to a side.

Agree with the above posters , I don't think Mark Roberts has anything to lose now , he should introduce some young legs and see where it takes the team , Nissy is electric and can finish and Wardrop is a player in the middle of the park !

Watched that team a few times at Belmont. 2 strikers are definately impressive together. Agree with Wardrope and Nisbet. 2 good footballers and Nisbet has goals and pace to burn. Their other 2 team-mates, McCracken is an old fashioned strong no nonsense Centre-Half and beside a good pro like Murphy would improve and the boy McCreadie when ive seen him gives you dig and a bit of devilment in the middle of the park and can play as well. Others like McGill, McKenzie and McArthur we've seen and are in the squad. Muir is nearly established and has done nothing wrong and yet McKinley starts before him. We need freshened up. These boys are fit and look like up for the fight. Our current bunch are sinking fast and we need to try something different soon.

Billy Stark would be a great appointment IMO.

With his experience both at 1st Team Level as a great player ( could ghost into penalty boxes and finish from midfield with aplomb ) and manager ( no 2 to Tommy Burns at Killie during the best years Killie have ever had ) coupled with recent Youth experience in the Scotland set up he is an ideal appointment for Ayr IMO.

Billy Stark would be a great appointment IMO.With his experience both at 1st Team Level as a great player ( could ghost into penalty boxes and finish from midfield with aplomb ) and manager ( no 2 to Tommy Burns at Killie during the best years Killie have ever had ) coupled with recent Youth experience in the Scotland set up he is an ideal appointment for Ayr IMO.

Maybe you should move over from the dark side m8 ;)

What is it about Billy Stark that makes people think he'd be a good appointment? Regular watchers of Scotland under-21s over the past few years don't generally seem to speak positively about him, and his managerial experience prior to that is nothing to get excited about.

Ayrdelighted - He also played in some great Celtic & Aberdeen teams , Was a cracking player in his day.

Alimcg - You can't change the team you support , I think you will understand that , however I do want to see Ayr move back up the leagues and at Youth Level they are already my team lol.

Its a funny old game football but I've watched my eldest son play Youth football for Kilmarnock , Heart of Midlothian and Ayr United from u14s. His wee brother is also now in Ayr's set up at u12s.

There is alot of hard work going on down there to obtain 4 star " Elite " status. I hope Ayr get it as its imperative that the boys they have play the best opponents week in week out as that's how you improve as a player.

Ayrdelighted - He also played in some great Celtic & Aberdeen teams , Was a cracking player in his day.Alimcg - You can't change the team you support , I think you will understand that , however I do want to see Ayr move back up the leagues and at Youth Level they are already my team lol.Its a funny old game football but I've watched my eldest son play Youth football for Kilmarnock , Heart of Midlothian and Ayr United from u14s. His wee brother is also now in Ayr's set up at u12s.There is alot of hard work going on down there to obtain 4 star " Elite " status. I hope Ayr get it as its imperative that the boys they have play the best opponents week in week out as that's how you improve as a player.

good luck to your boys m8 hope they do well

Stark has pretty much proved at 2 full time clubs he is not a manager

Appointing a Manager with a CV would be a novelty for Ayr United. I'd be happy to see someone ( anyone ) who has had an opportunity to make mistakes at other clubs be appointed. Rather than watch, for the umpteenth time, somebody cut their teeth in management at our club.

Archived