Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Daily Record reporting that Callum Paterson will be out for around 9 months. 
Nightmare for both him and the club. 

When I seen the goals on sky sports it looked like an ACL tear straight away, it's brutal.
I ruptured mine completely back in January and it is a long, long road to recovery, it took me 9 months to get an operation through the NHS and they don't recommend playing football for 12 months, I'm not a professional sports athlete though.

Adrian Peterson had a fantastic recovery and was the MVP in some American football game a mere 9 months after cunting his ACL, the quicker he comes back though the more likely he is of re-tearing it.

Awful news for Paterson, who really was flying this season. It will let Liam Smith develop but he has to be given time, he will be raw still.

For Hearts, they will lose the fee for Paterson in the short term which is not great but he may well stay on another couple of years at Tynecastle. Hopefully for his and the national team's sake he comes back with the same talent level as he has just now.

All the best Callum Paterson.

That is a shame for both the player and the club. Right at the worst time for both. 

He is a great player and would have taken the next step in his career next year. Now it will be put back at least 12 months. 

Interesting to see what he does next. I would expect him to sign a 1 year extension at least so he can get away next Xmas and Hearts get some money assuming he comes though this OK, which hopefully he does.

28 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Considering his challenge on malonga a few years back that could've caused some serious damage, I won't lose sleep over the poor snivelling shitebags injury. Swings and roundabouts and all that

He didn't injure Malonga, so he deserves to be injured. What a thick c**t. :lol:

Terrible for Callum - he's a gent off the field and always gives his best on it. I'm sure he'll be back.

I know several Hibees who don't share the classless snivellings of Hibeesbounce above. Just proof that all clubs have their numpties.

Good luck in getting back to the player he could be Paterson.  Always has time for the children in the Ferry.

Lets hope Hearts look after him a little bit better than they did Jason Cummings.  Apprently the club have morals now so we live in hope.  I suspect he's played his last game for Hearts though,

40 minutes ago, welldaft said:

That is a shame for both the player and the club. Right at the worst time for both. 

He is a great player and would have taken the next step in his career next year. Now it will be put back at least 12 months. 

Interesting to see what he does next. I would expect him to sign a 1 year extension at least so he can get away next Xmas and Hearts get some money assuming he comes though this OK, which hopefully he does.

Hearts have an offer on the table for him to make sure they get compensation.  That offer hasn't been declined and is in writing to make sure again that they get compo so a one year deal will be signed if Cardiff aren't interested any longer.

Good luck in his recovery, that's a fair old blow.

However, he has made it clear he was away so presumably he's missing one game more or less and we were going to replace him in January. This doesn't change all that much IMO harsh as it is for Funk. He'll eventually get his move, it's just been put back. He's only 22.

Edit : Richard Gordon saying no compensation once he's over 23 :(

Edited by Hey! Ho! Jambo!
Update