Heart of Midlothian 2014-

He has played about 120 games in his career and has a poor scoring record. That's a fact. The Norwegian League actually has a lower co-efficient than our shanner.

Three-and-a-half years for someone with two full seasons under his belt at 28. Mental.

As I said before, his number of appearances is a concern and it seems as though he's had at least a couple of long-term injuries in the past. 3.5 years seems unnecessarily risky on the face of it. That said, he has been injury free since 2014.

I fail to see how his scoring record is poor, though. Not giving you that one. It was one in four in Norway, which is surely above average for a central midfielder. At Middlesbrough he averaged a goal every 126 minutes of football. Not a "fact" at all, then.

Another couple in before window closes please...in regard muirhead it's safe to say one thing hearts have done superbly well over the last 4 years is release players who needed replacing..id say only Holt is the one player who maybe was a mistake and even he is not causing major regret...people split over Carrick,eckersley,smith,mchattie etc etc must look back and think virtually none  have improved.. .

34 minutes ago, DC92 said:

As I said before, his number of appearances is a concern and it seems as though he's had at least a couple of long-term injuries in the past. 3.5 years seems unnecessarily risky on the face of it. That said, he has been injury free since 2014.

I fail to see how his scoring record is poor, though. Not giving you that one. It was one in four in Norway, which is surely above average for a central midfielder. At Middlesbrough he averaged a goal every 126 minutes of football. Not a "fact" at all, then.

I've not really passed comment on his scoring record yet. He's done well for the past 2 seasons in Norway which is a league of modest standard. As far as I can see he scored 3 goals for Middlesbrough which doesn't tell us much. 

The boy was clearly highly rated at the beginning of his career so hopefully he can kick on. Under 21 cap so i'm sure he's got good technique. 

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

I've not really passed comment on his scoring record yet. He's done well for the past 2 seasons in Norway which is a league of modest standard. As far as I can see he scored 3 goals for Middlesbrough which doesn't tell us much. 

The boy was clearly highly rated at the beginning of his career so hopefully he can kick on. Under 21 cap so i'm sure he's got good technique. 

I was responding to the post above yours and my point has nothing to do with whether he'll be a good signing or not because I have no idea.

I'm disputing the point that he has a "honking" scoring record, which is now being stated as a "fact". Given his limited number of appearances, no-one could confidently state that he's going to score goals here. However, his minutes per goal in Norway and in the Championship, based on the data we do have, is relatively good. I wouldn't say he has a great scoring record because he hasn't played enough games to say that, but it certainly isn't "honking".

It's a bit of a weird thing to focus on for a centre-mid anyway. Djoum doesn't score many goals but he's still one of our best players.

FWIW it seems that a lot of Middlesbrough fans rated him but he struggled to nail down a specific position in a 4-4-2. http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whatever-happened-middlesbrough-fc-midfield-11084735

1 hour ago, Winston Churchill said:

Muirhead won't be missed.

He just about held down a spot on the bench. Scored two against the Deady Bears mind:)

He was effectively the understudy stepping in for Sam Nicholson who was "ruled out for three months" just over three months ago.

Don't think there's been an announcement on Muirhead yet, has there?

Seems to be happening, though.

I though he was no' bad, and should have had more games - it annoyed me when Sammon was still getting games ahead of him - would also have liked to have seen him played more as a striker, which is his preferred position, rather than just wide.

Genuinely thought he might do enough to get another year, but, if the plan is to replace those leaving with better quality, then that's a great thing.

Slightly concerning that so many are leaving - three of the new recruits are only on six month deals.

Another week or two to get more new faces in, though, so fingers crossed.

The more I think about this left back we've signed from Hamilton, the more underwhelmed I am.

I thought Muirhead looked okay most the time and his 9/11 thoughts made him worth keeping imo. I would have wanted to keep Rossi but getting a few (I think) and him getting big money makes it make sense.
Hughes should do a job, Martin and Struna will hopefully be decent enough, Sowah is underwhelming...
Another centre half, a winger and a striker would be nice

Squad is unbelievably short in most areas - even when Rherras, Djoum, and Nicholson come back - where was Sherry Bobbins today, btw - injured?

First look at the new signings today - would be harsh to judge them on their first game, but...

Struna looked no' bad in the first half, but tired, unsurprisingly.

Hughes looked like he'll be useful, as did Martin, although they can definitely improve on that.

Sowah looked clumsy early doors, but I thought he got better.

I understand the need to clear the decks, but it's blindingly obvious that we need to get players in.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

Realised bauben wasn't in the squad about half time when thinking about subs. Not sure why he wasn't though? Assume injury or on the way out.
Pretty much agree on the new signings and that more are required. Could be a long second half of the season...

I'm sure Buaben was subbed off injured in the Aberdeen game, but that about three was weeks ago

I'm assuming that all those young lads gracing the bench ahead of Oshaniwa surely means his tea must be nearly oot - who's going to take the c**t, though?

I'm sure Buaben was subbed off injured in the Aberdeen game, but that about three was weeks ago
I'm assuming that all those young lads gracing the bench ahead of Oshaniwa surely means his tea must be nearly oot - who's going to take the c**t, though?

Think you're right with that.
God knows, but we did! And god is god.