Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Juanma has officially signed: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4397

How do people think we're going to line up this season? Neilson seemed keen on using Sow out wide towards the end fo the season with Zeefuik through the middle so I suspect that's the way we'll go with Juanma instead of Zeefuik. I'm not sure that Sow's not wasted out wide but I can see the logic behind it.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Augustyn McHattie

Pallardo Gomis

King Walker Sow

Juanma

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, Smith, Buaben, Nicholson, El Hassnaoui, Reilly.

We'll probably sign a left back to play ahead of McHattie and we need more cover at centre-back. Gomis was excellent for us last year but he struggled sometimes when teams pressed him, so based on that and his last season at Dundee United I wouldn't be too sure of his place in the team and I wouldn't mind if we signed another midfielder. I wouldn't be sure of King's place in the team either but aside from that I think it's pretty close.

We certainly won't be short of goals, that's for sure. We have pace and power in attack and that has been shown to rip this league up for arse paper time and time again over the years.

The only thing that could hold us back a little is the defence, but we'll see. If Augustyn slots in well and we sign a decent left back we'll be more or less sorted.

How do people think we're going to line up this season? Neilson seemed keen on using Sow out wide towards the end fo the season with Zeefuik through the middle so I suspect that's the way we'll go with Juanma instead of Zeefuik. I'm not sure that Sow's not wasted out wide but I can see the logic behind it.

Alexander

Pallardo Gomis

King Walker Sow

Juanma

We'll probably sign a left back to play ahead of McHattie and we need more cover at centre-back. Gomis was excellent for us last year but he struggled sometimes when teams pressed him, so based on that and his last season at Dundee United I wouldn't be too sure of his place in the team and I wouldn't mind if we signed another midfielder. I wouldn't be sure of King's place in the team either but aside from that I think it's pretty close.

Mchattie is the obvious weakest link, the boy is fucking shocking.

He's really not shocking. He's a young laddie with flaws who's suffered a couple of bad injuries. But he has plenty good attributes and before Kenny Miller left him goosed he was having an excellent season.

In saying all that we still need another left back as McHattie is the only one we have.

He's really not shocking. He's a young laddie with flaws who's suffered a couple of bad injuries. But he has plenty good attributes and before Kenny Miller left him goosed he was having an excellent season.

In saying all that we still need another left back as McHattie is the only one we have.

Still, since returning, he's been error-prone and slow to say the least.

Looking forward to Juanma. Hope he doesn't disappoint. #NotTheSpanishSutton

Fair enough, I've never seen him have a good game yet though just my opinion. That boy you released was much better.

He's okay going forward but he's pony at defending, which is ultimately his most important responsibility. He'll be 22 come the start of the season as well so he's not exactly a kid anymore. I'll be very disappointed if we don't sign an improvement.

Letting Eckersley go seemed like a strange one so it'll be interesting to see what Neilson has in mind.

That boy you released was much better.

He wanted more money than any club outwith Celtic or Rangers could pay him.

Alexander

Pallardo Gomis

King Walker Sow

Juanma

Wee Doyler pasting in posts from Kickback, and SSI pasting in posts from P & B.

What a time to be alive.

He's okay going forward but he's pony at defending, which is ultimately his most important responsibility. He'll be 22 come the start of the season as well so he's not exactly a kid anymore. I'll be very disappointed if we don't sign an improvement.

He wanted more money than any club outwith Celtic or Rangers could pay him.

Fair enough - for a bit of a journeyman having settled well for hearts I can see why that kind of arrogance would see him released.