Heart of Midlothian 2014-

True, but Holt looks to be doing ok, and seems happy enough.

I still can't decide if he would or wouldn't have made it at Hearts, but with a billy big-baws attitude, it was probably best that he was moved on and at least a development fee was received for him.

I still can't decide if he would or wouldn't have made it at Hearts, but with a billy big-baws attitude, it was probably best that he was moved on and at least a development fee was received for him.

I think he would have made it fine - in the end, I think we had to cut our losses, and get whatever we could for him.

There's no doubt his agent turned his head, but that's pretty much what agents do.

In bringing in Gomis and Buaben as the core for the post Budgement day midfield knew exactly what he was getting.

At the time we were in a hole and needed to get out in a hurry so the appeal of trusting known assets ahead of betting on the potential of an injury prone 21 year old is obvious.

He may or not turn out to be a more accomplished player than Gomis or Buaben but in the summer of 2014 building the new team around Holt would be a brave move.

Have you met him? He's the least "billy big-baws" type lad you'll meet. Just a shame that you couldn't say the same about his agent.

29 points so far

I reckon we need about 4 more wins to avoid the playoffs.

It's not in the bag yet but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Hearts are staying up.

I suspect about 47 points will see us qualify for the top six after 33 games. Maybe even a bit less.

So 6 wins from the next 19 games.

Also 60 points would very likely qualify us for a Europa qualifier.

So 10 wins and a draw from the next 24 games

Steady on old chap

Let's just focus on securing top six status first

We don't want people to think that Hearts fans are arrogant

Even though it's hard not to be when you're as fucking awesome as us

Have you met him? He's the least "billy big-baws" type lad you'll meet. Just a shame that you couldn't say the same about his agent.

I'd probably say his agent was the root problem, but as a Ra**ers fan it's win/win for Viola.

Will be interesting to see who he whores JH out to if he turns out to be a big success or if they go bust again.

Would be horrified if any of the youngsters who came through the system with JH at Hearts have the same agent.

Pre injury, I thought Holt was going to be an excellent player for Hearts. Unfortunately, as happens in football, his agent turned his head, wasn't the same.

On a plus note, Jamie Walker has taken his "spot" and is better IMO. (Avoiding injury)

Heard this for the first time tonight and thought it was worth sharing here with the JTs - finishes with a poignant wee tune on the mouth organ.

"To take on the bold H** with old Geordie McCrae"

RST statement incoming...

Lifetime bans were too strong. A season or two with strict warnings on their return. Now these kids can't come back ever. Even once they have grown up. Too far.

In reality the current administration hasn't tied the hands of whoever is running the club in decades to come.

If as reformed, middle aged, model citizens they ask for an amnesty there wouldn't be any obstacle to granting it if the club were convinced to do so.