Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Why are Hibs fans laughing at Swanson? There was literally hundreds of them creaming themselves over him on Twitter on Deadline Day :unsure:

:lol:

It's pretty clear if we wanted Swanson we would've got him. Stubbs obviously felt he wouldn't improve the squad and opted for other players instead.

:lol:

It's pretty clear if we wanted Swanson we would've got him. Stubbs obviously felt he wouldn't improve the squad and opted for other players instead.

Jesus Christ, by most accounts you approached his agent once he was released but got told he had no interest in playing in the Championship. Would be utterly astounding if Stubbs looked at your side and thought a creative winger wasnt needed

Jesus Christ, by most accounts you approached his agent once he was released but got told he had no interest in playing in the Championship. Would be utterly astounding if Stubbs looked at your side and thought a creative winger wasnt needed

Have you got links to these reports? I know St Johnstone were interested but I can't find anything reporting we were. Maybe you're just making things up again.

And yeah, we definitely don't need another midfielder. We have enough creative players, the problem is putting our chances away. Hence why we signed 3 strikers on deadline day.

Have you got links to these reports? I know St Johnstone were interested but I can't find anything reporting we were. Maybe you're just making things up again.

And yeah, we definitely don't need another midfielder. We have enough creative players, the problem is putting our chances away. Hence why we signed 3 strikers on deadline day.

It was by the same folk who were PM'ing about Swanson being released before he was

In fairness, I have heard independently that Hibs have spoken to Swanson. I have no idea if they were just preliminary discussions or perhaps just agents trying to plug him around to get him the best possible deal, but I don't think it's complete fabrication.

Swanson is a really exciting player to watch. He's fat, unfit and can be a bit lazy. Do NOT play him on the right wing either as he looks like a lot youngster out there, but he made us watchable towards the end of last season.

I wouldn't take any notice of RG, he went all out to try convince us St Johnstone weren't after a RB/CB(McGregor) then they went out and signed one :lol:

I said we wouldnt be signing a 30 year old injury prone centre half permanently. We then when out and signed a 21 year old right back on loan. So, erm....

I said we wouldnt be signing a 30 year old injury prone centre half permanently. We then when out and signed a 21 year old right back on loan. So, erm....

I think you should just admit defeat here RG. You can't let yourself by Hibs'd by Hibs fans.

Whats your point exactly? We're trying to bring down the age of the squad, and trying to get replacements for the ageing players, McKay is seen as a potential starter in a year or two. We've six senior defenders, and are a left winger short, and theres only space in the budget for one more player it seems. Signing a 30 year old centre half with recurring knee injuries doesnt really fit any sort of bill for us.

Ive already explained why we wouldnt. We can only afford one more, our managers been publically after a left winger all Summer and we have five player who can play at centre half

Durr....

Seems to me I made the point we wouldnt be signing an ageing centre half on a permanent deal...

Durr....

Seems to me I made the point we wouldnt be signing an ageing centre half on a permanent deal...

Seems to me you were trying to convince everyone you weren't after another defender, you wanted a left winger. Then went and signed another defender.

It short, you really don't have a clue what's going on regarding transfers, same with the Swanson situation.

Id rather believe my common sense than the same media who've had numerous instances of falsely linking us to Rangers players.

Sarry about that..

Didn't RG also team up with the_saints_are_coming to pretend we were signing Stevie May and fail spectacularly? You'd have thought the St Johnstone diddies would have learnt not to troll the big hitters of the forum by now :(