Heart of Midlothian 2014-

It's his record at Hearts that would interest me.

Not taking into account he's the man who presided over the driest length we have ever slipped you. 

Although not the most famous dry length that's ever been slipped in an Edinburgh Derby.

5fc71250f0f21f60760e67c26a03ccc7.jpg

Probably the best game I've ever witnessed in the flesh at Tynecastle Park.

11 hours ago, DC92 said:

I keep seeing people saying he had a good squad, massive wages etc. This was the cup final team:

MacDonald

McGowan Webster Zaliukas Grainger

Barr Black

Suso Skacel Driver

Elliott

A team of world-beaters right enough. None of them were his signings and most of them improved significantly under him. He made Ian Black look like Pirlo FFS.

The financial collapse was beginning to bite but not that hard by that point so it was the kind of squad that Hearts should be able to put together under normal circumstances as opposed to wallowing in the largesse of a benefactor or hurtling headlong toward administration

We had a squad generally composed of players we'd developed ourselves, players who'd done well at smaller clubs and players who'd played on bigger stages and either not quite cut it or were passed their best. (Andy Webster fits all three categories)

The Substitutes illustrate this  Mehdi Taouil (Finished his contract at Kilmarnock), Scott Robinson (made his Hearts debut at 16) and Craig Beattie (5 years earlier Celtic had sold him for £1.25m to WBA another 5 years later and he's at Edinburgh City)

Beattie was his signing after freeing up funds by farming Sutton out to Australia which was a great move

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

8 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

It's his record at Hearts that would interest me.

Not taking into account he's the man who presided over the driest length we have ever slipped you recently.

Ftfy.

We've spanked them by bigger margins before. Double figures have been reached.

7 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Although not the most famous dry length that's ever been slipped in an Edinburgh Derby.

5fc71250f0f21f60760e67c26a03ccc7.jpg

Probably the best game I've ever witnessed in the flesh at Tynecastle Park.

The most famous? Hardly. We Spanked you in front of millions including you.

6 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

The 7-0 is the one of the most famous displays of attacking football to ever grace the British game.

That was genuine flair, that was genuine poise, that was genuine Hibernian.

Where do you get your drugs?