Premier League 2014/15

banana

Welbeck is a classic utility striker, plays lots of positions up front, works hard, but doesn't score anywhere near enough goals to deserve to play as a striker for any top teams.

I don't think he's that bad, but you'd never expect him to score over 10 in the league.

If he goes to an upper midtable club and gets a game every week I think he'd get 15 no bother. He got 9 at United as back-up, make him the main man and I reckon he'd thrive.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes to an upper midtable club and gets a game every week I think he'd get 15 no bother. He got 9 at United as back-up, make him the main man and I reckon he'd thrive.

I reckon so too, one year max before signing for one of the top 5/6.

He's not THAT old, is he?

Still could do a decent job in most of the top leagues, if not at the very highest level.

30 in December believe it or not signed for Liverpool in January 2006 - wasn't too far off a testimonial.

Welbeck is a classic utility striker, plays lots of positions up front, works hard, but doesn't score anywhere near enough goals to deserve to play as a striker for any top teams.

I don't think he's that bad, but you'd never expect him to score over 10 in the league.

He's the English kenny miller

30 in December believe it or not signed for Liverpool in January 2006 - wasn't too far off a testimonial.

Huh, thought he was a bit younger. Still, not that old for a centre back. Fair play to him though, since it looks like he's gone back for non-monetary reasons, which is a rarity.

As for the match, ropey would be an understatement for this United defence.

I do enjoy when the media say they have an inexperienced defence/young defence.

Evans is now 26 years old by christ.

Blackett can be on the only defender they are speaking about, Evans and Jones have many appearances to their names. However, I'm not sure how many of them have been a partnership together at the back.

The most startling thing about Man U in that first half is watching how poor an understanding Rooney and RVP have of each others play. Compare to what we've seen from from Suarez-Sturridge, Dzeko-Jovetic/Aguero, Yorke-Cole, et al. it's a partnership that's so far off where you'd expect a Man U partnership to be.

Archived