Sharm El Sheik

I was there in December at Coral Sea Aqua Club. The hotel was different class had its own water park on site and the food was top drawer and the staff as friendly as anyone I've ever met. I wouldn't normally go an all inclusive holiday but after seeing the reviews and witnessing it first hand you can't go wrong.

There is plenty to do - quad biking, trips to the pyramids, Soho Square (basically a play on London Soho has an Ice Bar which is quite cool, pardon the pun), boat trips etc.

We were 5 minutes from a Hard Rock Cafe as well but go as part of the deals with the hotel you are at if you go there me and the Mrs just went of our own accord and it was very pricey but through the hotels you pay a set amount and drink/eat as much as you like.

The only annoying thing was the wee guys in their shops they are a pain in the arse. I ended up going into one that was called HASSLE FREE ZONE and before I knew it I was kneeling on the floor smoking a shish pipe which the guy was choking on selling me and wouldn't shut up about it. I bought 4 fridge magnets just to get the f**k out.

Regarding taxi's again use your taxi hotel on street they are a bit dodgy heard a few horror stories and clearly state a price in Egyptian Dollars if you just say an amount like 40 for example they will take it as English and not let you out the taxi till you cough up.

You will really enjoy it I reckon and will have the added bonus of the weather. It was freak conditions there in December first time in 120 years it was snowing in Egypt and I was there! Had ma jumper oan mare than ma shorts!

I was there in December at Coral Sea Aqua Club. The hotel was different class had its own water park on site and the food was top drawer and the staff as friendly as anyone I've ever met. I wouldn't normally go an all inclusive holiday but after seeing the reviews and witnessing it first hand you can't go wrong.

There is plenty to do - quad biking, trips to the pyramids, Soho Square (basically a play on London Soho has an Ice Bar which is quite cool, pardon the pun), boat trips etc.

We were 5 minutes from a Hard Rock Cafe as well but go as part of the deals with the hotel you are at if you go there me and the Mrs just went of our own accord and it was very pricey but through the hotels you pay a set amount and drink/eat as much as you like.

The only annoying thing was the wee guys in their shops they are a pain in the arse. I ended up going into one that was called HASSLE FREE ZONE and before I knew it I was kneeling on the floor smoking a shish pipe which the guy was choking on selling me and wouldn't shut up about it. I bought 4 fridge magnets just to get the f**k out.

Regarding taxi's again use your taxi hotel on street they are a bit dodgy heard a few horror stories and clearly state a price in Egyptian Dollars if you just say an amount like 40 for example they will take it as English and not let you out the taxi till you cough up.

You will really enjoy it I reckon and will have the added bonus of the weather. It was freak conditions there in December first time in 120 years it was snowing in Egypt and I was there! Had ma jumper oan mare than ma shorts!

We are staying at Jaz Mirabel Beach which looks good.

Thanks for the info. How far away are the Pyramids? We have our 13 year old son with us and he tends to get travel sick in the heat.

I was there at the start of the month with the girlfriend. Pretty much all as Neilly says.

The pyramids are a hell of a hike, we were picked up from our hotel at 4:45 to go to the airport, 7am flight about an hour and 20 long, all day in Cairo, then not back in the hotel until about 9ish. A very long day, but was totally worth it.

I think because we were out of season a bit though, the place was full of Russians (we only met maybe 4 other British couples in the hotel). The bonus of this though was that on both the Cairo trip and our quad bike trip we were the only English speaking ones there, so instead of being lumped in with the Russians we were given private guides for just the two of us. Crackin!

As Neilly says though, I've been plenty of places All-inclusive and the like, but there they were unbelievably friendly.

I was there at the start of the month with the girlfriend. Pretty much all as Neilly says.

The pyramids are a hell of a hike, we were picked up from our hotel at 4:45 to go to the airport, 7am flight about an hour and 20 long, all day in Cairo, then not back in the hotel until about 9ish. A very long day, but was totally worth it.

I think because we were out of season a bit though, the place was full of Russians (we only met maybe 4 other British couples in the hotel). The bonus of this though was that on both the Cairo trip and our quad bike trip we were the only English speaking ones there, so instead of being lumped in with the Russians we were given private guides for just the two of us. Crackin!

As Neilly says though, I've been plenty of places All-inclusive and the like, but there they were unbelievably friendly.

Cool. I'm not sure whether we will end up travelling to the pyramids. May look to see what is available closer to the resort.

Oh and another thing I would exchange most of your money over there as the machines where you put in British money and give out Egyptian Pounds are of a far better rate than you will get here.

Obviously take a few bob for the first couple of nights but if I went back that's all I would be doing before exchanging the rest there.

Oh and another thing I would exchange most of your money over there as the machines where you put in British money and give out Egyptian Pounds are of a far better rate than you will get here.

Obviously take a few bob for the first couple of nights but if I went back that's all I would be doing before exchanging the rest there.

Aye, I'd read that on trip advisor. Cheers for the tip.

Actually on the most part, they were happier for you spend Sterling or US Dollars, and to a lesser extent, Euros. Obviously some things were done in Egyptian Pounds though. But certainly paying for trips or things like that, they were pretty happy with Sterling.

We are staying at Jaz Mirabel Beach which looks good.

Thanks for the info. How far away are the Pyramids? We have our 13 year old son with us and he tends to get travel sick in the heat.

Same here, staying with the missus at the end of June. Can't wait now - seems to get amazing reviews. Know a few other people staying in the resort when we're there so should hopefully see a few hotels.

Was there a few years ago and booked a jeep safari into the Sinai desert. Part of the trip was a ride on camel and then lunch with the Bedouin and then snorkelling at Dahab. Good trip but the amount of plastic bags in the desert was unbelievable.

We also flew up to Cairo for a day which included the Museum, Pyramids, Sphinx and bazaar. All in all it was a tiring but brilliant day.

You would certainly have to consider the political climate in the country of you were thinking of going to Cairo.

Take anti bacterial hand wash with you and use it after touching door handles etc and the money can be really dirty. Apart from that great place

Take anti bacterial hand wash with you and use it after touching door handles etc and the money can be really dirty. Apart from that great place

Oh aye, I should have mentioned this. I didn't do this. I regretted it for a whole week after. :(

Last tume I was there got a bacterial infection which caused me to shite uncontrolably for my second week there, stayed in Firstchoice Holiday Village and there was a mass break out of the shits not only in our hotel but the wider resort as well, it was all people wanted to talk about. Really ruined my holiday and was attributed to parasites in water but I never drank any of their water, bottled water only. Make sure u pack imodium for going. good luck

aye it was a fvckin curse alright which was a shame as I was really enjoying it.

Had to go to the docotrs when I came back for tests and teeatment.

I am now a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed about 3 months after I came home from this holiday at the age of 31 and the doctor reckons there is a good chance that the illness caused the auto immune reaction within my body which resulted in type 1 diabetes although he cant say for definate.

not that I am trying to put anyone off, visit to pyramids was brilliant even if the airport departure lounge was a complete joke

• 1 month later...

Got back on Thursday.

Hotel was superb. 4 A la carte options, different theme each night at the buffet and fairly decent selection of drinks.

We weren't allowed to do any desert trips as they had been cancelled.

Only did Soho Square which was good fun with ice bar and Shisha bars too. Would liked to have spent longer there.

All in all it is a good place to go for a relaxing holiday.

Archived