Will Rangers ever get promoted?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they keep Fat Sally as manager, it'll be close. If they sack and bring in a better manager, it'll be a total runaway.

Why "new"? I noticed you'd disappeared from all your usual haunts on here, but thought you were just taking a break.

There is not any money for signing players, in my opinion we do not need to sign any players, we have shaved quite a few off already and I expect (and prey) Cribari will have played his last game, perhaps a few others, we still have a strong enough squad to win this league by 10-15 points barring admin.

Any savings by players being released will most likely be hoovered up by the increasing wage bill as the highest paid players will have in their contracts wage increases by climbing the divisions.

On paper Rangers look a dead cert to win the Championship, in reality the club is in a very precarious financial position.

Should rangers do well the fans will still pack the stadium feeding the spivs, should McCoist do badly managing the team then they will abscond and the club will enter admin.

On the park ?, playing against full time clubs with an appetite to win against Rangers is another thing entirely. It will be no walk over for Rangers as Hearts & Hibs will in all likelihood be much better squads than they were last season.

Those Rangers fans who see their club skooshing the league by a healthy points margin may be in for a huge shock or two up against better opposition week in week out than the last couple of seasons running their inflated squad to it's limit.

Has McCoist signed certain players on a guaranteed amount of games per season ?, if so when they aren't 100% match fit will he have to field them anyway weakening the squad on the field out of position dropping points because of it.

Hearts, Hibs & Rangers IMHO will all be fighting for the top spot and it's the games they play against each other which may determine who will overcome and win the Championship.

Any savings by players being released will most likely be hoovered up by the increasing wage bill as the highest paid players will have in their contracts wage increases by climbing the divisions.

Proof please...

Proof please...

Fcuk off ya decrepit moron, every fucking post I've posted today has had you make a stupid reply to it ?

I don't need to post proof you idiot as it is common knowledge that the highest paid players were lured to sign contracts on wage increases through the divisions. Remember Sandaza ya fhud ?

They don't care who wins the league (or which horse wins a race, or which act wins the X-Factor) - what they care about is the money. They think more people will back rangers, so they limit their liability on that choice.

You'd be surprised how many bets I've placed at odds of 1/5 or shorter - a 20% return on investment is not to be sniffed at.

You seem to be jumping through lots of hoops to avoid admitting the fact that professional statisticians have decided Rangers are by far the most likely to win the 2nd teir next season.

You seem to be jumping through lots of hoops to avoid admitting the fact that professional statisticians have decided Rangers are by far the most likely to win the 2nd teir next season.

Fúck the hoops - show me the quotes from these "professional statisticians" and I'll cede the point.

Fúck the hoops - show me the quotes from these "professional statisticians" and I'll cede the point.

Why bother with professional statisticians when they can't even get the owners name right or do they know something we don't know yet ? :huh:

Quote from Ladbrokes !

Rangers in detail
Name: Rangers Football Club

Founded: 1872

Nicknames: The Gers, The Teddy Bears

Ground: Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, G51 2XD

Capacity: 51,082

Owner: Craig Whyte

Chairman: Craig Whyte

Manager: Ally McCoist

League: Scottish Division Three

Record goalscorer: Ally McCoist (355 goals)

Most appearances: John Greig (755)

Record attendance: 143,570 vs Hibernian, 1948 Scottish Cup

Main Rival: Celtic

Rivals: Aberdeen

Celebrity fans: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Sean Connery, Gordon Ramsey

Fans favourites: Brian Laudrup, Ally McCoist, David Weir, Terry Butcher

http://betting.ladbrokes.com/en/rangers-odds

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Go on Graigy Widebhoy and go get them back 8)

It is also worth noting on the page in Ladbrokes it says they are the worlds most successful club but nowadays they sport that they are only Scotland's !, I do wonder why that is eh ?, most likely everyone outside Scotland know it's a new club. :rolleyes:

Edut fur typooo

Fcuk off ya decrepit moron, every fucking post I've posted today has had you make a stupid reply to it ?

I don't need to post proof you idiot as it is common knowledge that the highest paid players were lured to sign contracts on wage increases through the divisions. Remember Sandaza ya fhud ?

No you can just post any old shite and claim it's true.

Then have an angry rant at anyone who questions it......

No you can just post any old shite and claim it's true.

Then have an angry rant at anyone who questions it......

Naw it's not just any old shite as Sandaza's contract showed that his wages would increase as the club progresses up the leagues FACT. So it's a fucking stick on that the players who Fat Salary signed on higher wages have a contractual clause to increase their wages as they progress up the leagues. It was posted on the big thread last year all about them and I can't be arsed finding it for you.

My rant was from you replying to my every post you numpty.

Could be true.

Could also be a lot of shite, the only proof you have of this is one player who was trying to big himself up while speaking to what he thought was an agent.

In all probability it is fact that a certain amount of key players have been lured with contractual arrangements of increased wages to keep them there on long contracts averaging out the players wages over the contract agreement.

In fact I'm certain from the big thread that Big Jigs contract was discussed and it had wage increases as the club got promoted ?

Players no one wanted at the time and lured to the lowest division of Scottish football with a carrot their wages would increase as they climbed the divisions with the club. The increase might not be much but could put a dent in the players wage budget and two years of increased wages for the key players will most certainly chew up any freed money from players leaving this season.

I think the point Jock is making is you claimed Rangers are 5/1 on because bookies are covering their arses knowing many Rangers fans will back them so they are limiting their liability.

Then later when i mentioned Celtic had been 8/1 against Barcelona you claimed that in Scotland it is not more likely Celtic fans would be backing them. Completely contradicting your earlier claim

I think the point Jock is making is you claimed Rangers are 5/1 on because bookies are covering their arses knowing many Rangers fans will back them so they are limiting their liability.

Then later when i mentioned Celtic had been 8/1 against Barcelona you claimed that in Scotland it is not more likely Celtic fans would be backing them. Completely contradicting your earlier claim

Jock's making no point other than that, like a lot of rangers posters, he doesn't like me.

Many rangers fans (and other punters) are of the opinion that they will win the championship - to the extent that they will be willing to back their belief with hard cash.*

Can you honestly say that you believe the same could be said of celtic fans assessing their chances against Barcelona any time in the last thirty years?

* I'd be tempted myself, were it not for the off-field uncertainty. Guarantee me there would be no points deduction, and I'd probably have a dabble. Like I said before, 20% return is not to be sniffed at - I made 40 quid on Holland tonight at a pretty short price (2/5) for a friendly against a decent Ghana side, and they made me work for it.

The reason i know celtic were 8/1 is i picked up one of their fans that night who was in hurry to get to willie hills to put 50 on them. I am glad to say i got him tto bookies on time...a fool and their money.

Celtic fans certainly do back their club in European competition

Naw it's not just any old shite as Sandaza's contract showed that his wages would increase as the club progresses up the leagues FACT. So it's a fucking stick on that the players who Fat Salary signed on higher wages have a contractual clause to increase their wages as they progress up the leagues. It was posted on the big thread last year all about them and I can't be arsed finding it for you.

My rant was from you replying to my every post you numpty.

No it's not a "fucking stick on", it's an opinion you have, that is all.

Your rant is what i always expect from you - extremely angry and neddy and lacking any self control.

The reason i know celtic were 8/1 is i picked up one of their fans that night who was in hurry to get to willie hills to put 50 on them. I am glad to say i got him tto bookies on time...a fool and their money.

Celtic fans certainly do back their club in European competition

From your personal experience to your last statement is quite a jump, if you don't mind me saying so.

They've only played them the once, then? Obviously there's fools around - without them there would be no market in such contests.

Quick update - took my dutch forty and stuck it on Froch, on the Father in laws recommendation. Twenty four quid and change - thangyewverammuch!

On paper Rangers look a dead cert to win the Championship, in reality the club is in a very precarious financial position.

Should rangers do well the fans will still pack the stadium feeding the spivs, should McCoist do badly managing the team then they will abscond and the club will enter admin.

On the park ?, playing against full time clubs with an appetite to win against Rangers is another thing entirely. It will be no walk over for Rangers as Hearts & Hibs will in all likelihood be much better squads than they were last season.

Those Rangers fans who see their club skooshing the league by a healthy points margin may be in for a huge shock or two up against better opposition week in week out than the last couple of seasons running their inflated squad to it's limit.

Has McCoist signed certain players on a guaranteed amount of games per season ?, if so when they aren't 100% match fit will he have to field them anyway weakening the squad on the field out of position dropping points because of it.

Hearts, Hibs & Rangers IMHO will all be fighting for the top spot and it's the games they play against each other which may determine who will overcome and win the Championship.

Not even one single smiley. omg

Archived