Forza Italia

Supras

Poor Paletta.

I was thinking the same too. He looks like Del Bosque's assistant with that bonce! He needs to just get a razor round it al, he's still got hair at the front so it will work for him. Much rather have a bald patch rather than a receding hairline, when Gab does indeed shave it - he'll have that outline of hair at the front to shape his puss yet no large gaps of baldness in the middle.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

They are in a difficult group, but one they will likely navigate with relative ease. They don't need to beat England, and I don't think they will, but a draw and two victories will see them comfortably through.

I'm not entirely sure it was possible to be more wrong with this prediction.

I'm not entirely sure it was possible to be more wrong with this prediction.

I don't bet, ever.

Anyway, yes, a very disappointing tournament. The goal today was unforgivable, such a pointless corner to give away.

They eased past the whipping boys of the group, but if you lose twice you absolutely deserve to go out. The red card was a stick on too, no sympathy.

This doesn't change their magnificent record in the previous two tournaments, they came up against an inspired Central American side and a very good South American one in unfavourable conditions. It's not the end of the world, Europe's most successful side (and remaining so for another four years) will be back and hopefully repeating their brilliant performance in the Euros.

My record of starting the tournament thread will remain an institution.

476849091-471318.jpg

Farewell.

On a more personal note - Colombia vs. Uruguay 8)

Would still prefer Suarez to be playing.

Costa Rica population: 4.8 million - 1st

Uruguay population: 3.4 million - 2nd

Italy population: 60.8 million - 3rd

England population: 56.1 million - 4th.

Figures are from http://worldpopulationreview.com/ so not sure how accurate they are. Nonetheless, it's an incredible achievement for Costa Rica and Uruguay going through ahead of the other two.

Costa Rica population: 4.8 million - 1st

Uruguay population: 3.4 million - 2nd

Italy population: 60.8 million - 3rd

England population: 56.1 million - 4th.

Figures are from http://worldpopulationreview.com/ so not sure how accurate they are. Nonetheless, it's an incredible achievement for Costa Rica and Uruguay going through ahead of the other two.

Really? I always thought population had no effect and it was totally random whether or not San Marino beat Italy.

Eye opener.

Didn't they finish bottom of a group containing New Zealand at the last World Cup?

Yes, and they also knocked Germany out of the last Euros.

Regardless of their 'achievements' in the last few tournaments it doesn't stop them being shite right now and being papped out of the World Cup after two woeful performances (and one decent one against England)

Italy might find themselves going through a bit of a lean spell, I think the current squad (and those coming through) are not a patch on the squads of the last few successful Italian teams.

Regardless of their 'achievements' in the last few tournaments it doesn't stop them being shite right now and being papped out of the World Cup after two woeful performances (and one decent one against England)

Italy might find themselves going through a bit of a lean spell, I think the current squad (and those coming through) are not a patch on the squads of the last few successful Italian teams.

Not a patch on the one from 2012, or the one from 2013?

Be specific.

Archived