West Transfer Thread

White Star

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredibly good news,especially if he relishes the fight for a league and cup double again,and commits himself to the cause in the same way as he would have applied himself to the task of helping Clyde avoid entry to the Lowland League.

But his heart was in moving to Clyde, interesting to see how Sloan gets the best out of am unhappy player. No doubt he will work his magic where most other managers would fail.

Players wants to leave but not allowed , guess it's the talbot way

Nothing wrong with that. Don't sign a professional contract and take a wage if you don't want to honour it.

Contracts work both ways, Talbot can't just punt players if they don't make the grade, the contract gets honoured.

He is free to go wherever he likes in the summer anyway

But his heart was in moving to Clyde, interesting to see how Sloan gets the best out of am unhappy player. No doubt he will work his magic where most other managers would fail.

Most Talbot fans will be aware of many instances of Mr Sloane's abilities in that department,it would be naive,at best,to think that every player that he has managed for Talbot has been 'happy' with all of his decisions,or with their roles in the squad. I expect them all to respect his decisions,and suggest that even the players that can't come to agreement with him and move on,retain a respect for him just the same.

David Gormley posted on the Talbot Facebook page last week that it would break his heart to leave Talbot and as far as the Clyde deal was concerned nothing was decided as he was on holiday and he would sit down with Tucker on his return.

I really don't think he wanted to leave at all and I also think he will now sign a new contract before the end of the season.

From todays evening times ....

'Everything had been agreed between the clubs and all that remained was the release papers to be signed, but I arrived back from holiday last week to a telephone call from Tucker requesting I come down to training.

"I was a bit taken aback as plans were already in place for me to head for Broadwood that night to complete signing formalities with Clyde and meet their players. But he insisted on my appearance and then knocked me for six by also owning up to having a change of heart about sanctioning my step upstairs.

"We met up and he explained the manner of our defeat by Medda had brought him to realise there are qualities I bring to the team which cannot be replaced at present, therefore he had decided I was going nowhere.

"Tucker is one very determined character as far as Auchinleck Talbot are concerned and nothing I said could bring about a change of mind, so the upshot was I then had to contact Barry Ferguson, who was not best pleased at the transfer being called off at the eleventh hour.

"It grated with me as well considering I haven't started a game since our mid-October defeat by Glenafton in the Ardagh Glass Cup Final,'

Sounds to me like a guy who knows about the interest from clyde , was happy to move back to senior football a new club and fresh start. He wanted to go and tried to talk sloan into letting him go.

He will obviously have loved his time at talbot but lets not pretend it would break his heart to leave talbot , he wanted to leave and as i said even tried to talk your manager into letting him go !

Firstly Would have liked to see Gormley in a Clyde Shirt

Strange that Tucker doesnt play him but neither wants to sell him

Confused.com

Due to injuries and players leaving our squad is stretched at the moment. Gormley should play more often in the coming weeks.

If our squad was bigger and we had a replacement he would have been allowed to leave.

Firstly Would have liked to see Gormley in a Clyde Shirt

Strange that Tucker doesnt play him but neither wants to sell him

Confused.com

Talbot were very poor upfront against Meadow so this game seemed to have changed Tuckers mind along with the injuries.

The fee from Clyde was decent but not great and its money that talbot could afford to knock back if they once again win the Scottish cup which is definately something that gormley could achieve with talbot if he gets game time and he can get the goalscoring boots back on.

Talbot tried to sign Love from Cumnock who refused to sell, so the proposed transfer of Gormley to Clyde fell through as it would leave Talbot short up front.

Both players are out of contract in the summer I fully expect Love with join Talbot and Gormley will move on elsewhere. The problem both Talbot and Cumnock now have are players who don't want to be where they are hanging around for the next 6 months not the ideal situation for all concerned.

Archived