The Boo Brazil thread.....

dorlomin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly neymar wasnt that bad today. I went in to this game fully expecting neymar to spend 70+ minutes rolling on the floor, but he was surprisingly good at staying on his feet today, even when at times he would have been better to go down.

Had a textbook dive opportunity in the first half when he was going past a Croat defender on the byline.

Not that he should be congratulated for not cheating but you are right.

honestly neymar wasnt that bad today. I went in to this game fully expecting neymar to spend 70+ minutes rolling on the floor, but he was surprisingly good at staying on his feet today, even when at times he would have been better to go down.

Impressed by him and Oscar. Both rolled their sleeves up and took the game to Croatia after going one down. Both Fred and Hulk were atrocious I thought. Ref had his head so far up Brazil's arse it was embarrassing.

They'd have won it without the diving anyway. How Olic wasn't subbed is a total mystery and the third goal should have been bread and butter for an international keeper.

But aye, they don't deserve to win the cup. They'll get further than they should because of plainly bent refereeing, as per, but you can already see that's not the team of the tournament. And I dare say we're only spared a triumphalist entitlement that makes England look like Trappist monks by virtue of Brazil being several thousand miles away and speaking the wrong language.

They'd have won it without the diving anyway. How Olic wasn't subbed is a total mystery and the third goal should have been bread and butter for an international keeper.

But aye, they don't deserve to win the cup. They'll get further than they should because of plainly bent refereeing, as per, but you can already see that's not the team of the tournament. And I dare say we're only spared a triumphalist entitlement that makes England look like Trappist monks by virtue of Brazil being several thousand miles away and speaking the wrong language.

They have played one game, played below par, against a decent side, and won 3-1 rather comfortably. You're right though, they're going naewhere.

I didn't say they're "going naewhere", just that there are obvious deficiencies which will be exposed in the later part of the tournament.

Both sides made scores of unforced errors. With it seemingly being a relatively mild night that's a bit surprising. It'll be curious to see if this is repeated.

I love all the hand-wringing at one of the most exciting players in world football. It's worse than the Cristiano Ronaldo stuff. Is there a correlation between stepovers and unlikability?

Have never rated Neymar as a player he's just a wee flash show boater and the penalty was a total joke so sorry Brazil you can GTF I'd love to see them lose in the semis on penalties just to see the country go into meltdown I think it will be Germany this year

errr well to put it simply, its ASKING FOR A PENALTY. cheating would be stealing the ball, putting on the spot and sticking a shotgun to the refs head.

here, this is basically what happened:

"Ref, that's a pen eh"

"Aye mate"

Pretty sure putting a shotgun to the ref's head would be an arrestable offence in most countries. How would you get one on the pitch?

The seethe from the "why are people seething about Brazil" group is funny. Its as if we are stuck in a seethe loop with no end.

I'm absolutely seething at this post :angry:

Do you lot not actually watch football? You seem surprised that the Brazilian players were diving etc. It's like you expected them not to do this, despite the fact that almost every single international team has players who dive, play act etc.

Archived