Manchester United 14/15 thread

Think united still look all over the place.

Still can't defend crosses and lack any real creativity. This new formation isn't working and Di Maria looks like a panic buy.

I don't rate him as highly as hazard and with a goal coming from wing play today do they really need him?

Problem is the terrible defensive midfield and lack of real quality and leadership at the back.

Fletcher, Cleverly, Carrick, Anderson.

Very average players who wouldn't get a game for anyone in the top six.

Fletcher was one of their best players not that long ago.

If he gets back to that level then he doesn't fit in with that list.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen Rojo at centre back, but I assume he is decent there, otherwise LVG wouldn't have spent so much on him.

Going by their first few games, it's been a strange formation and they look really weak at the back. I reckon once everyone is fit and signed, this is the idea that LVG wants to use. I don't think it's going to work very well with the squad they have and it may not utilise Di Maria to the best of his abilities, however he did play more central for Real last year and was outstanding.

Evans is a decent centre back and will most likely start once fully fit. I'd never have Jones or Smalling anywhere near the team and that has to be addressed. Fletcher looks a shadow of the player he once was and I could see another defensive midfielder coming in as Carrick looked past it last year. Would love Fletcher to regain form though but the poor guy looks finished. Valencia is pretty shit but he's the best option on the right.

--------------------De Gea------------------

---------New--------Evans------Rojo--------

Valencia-----Fletcher-----Di Maria--------Shaw

----------------Mata-------Rooney------------------

---------------------RVP------------------------------

I think he's injured now mate, not sure.

But he's yet another 'number 10'. Absolutely pointless signing. He's nowhere near the player Mata is either going by early viewing. I hadn't seen much of him before he signed but a few suggested he wasn't worth the money. They now have Fellaini, Kagawa, Herrera, Mata and Januzaj looking to fill the same spot. Madness.

I think he's injured now mate, not sure.

But he's yet another 'number 10'. Absolutely pointless signing. He's nowhere near the player Mata is either going by early viewing. I hadn't seen much of him before he signed but a few suggested he wasn't worth the money. They now have Fellaini, Kagawa, Herrera, Mata and Januzaj looking to fill the same spot. Madness.

Always thought Herrera played deep instead of being a number 10; may be wrong about that though.

Always thought Herrera played deep instead of being a number 10; may be wrong about that though.

I thought so too. I watched the pre-season games and he was always ahead of the midfield and his distribution was terrible. He does get stuck in though, so maybe LVG is planning on partnering him with Di Maria in the centre. A bit too attacking if you ask me and a bit lightweight but full of running which LVG loves.

The Man Utd fans pretty much echo my own opinion of Fletcher, he's completely passed it now. Which is a shame. They definitely need a holding midfielder with all the attacking players they have there.

He looks so ponderous and slow. Dreadful. As for Cleverley - well, words fail me.

2 central midfielders needed. Very badly. I'd actually say that was more urgent than defenders.

Man Utd should get through their next few games though without too much bother (Burnley away, QPR at home, Leiceser away and West Ham at home). Although with this squad, easier said than done.

Gives them time to sign their intended targets and push for the top 4. Without signings, they will struggle badly again.

Man Utd should get through their next few games though without too much bother (Burnley away, QPR at home, Leiceser away and West Ham at home). Although with this squad, easier said than done.

Gives them time to sign their intended targets and push for the top 4. Without signings, they will struggle badly again.

I thought when I saw their fixtures they'd top the league or be second at worst after 6 games. Oops.

I still think Van Gaal will get it right, but with Liverpool's smart transfer dealings, it might be Arsenal they have to overhaul for Top 4.

He looks so ponderous and slow. Dreadful. As for Cleverley - well, words fail me.

2 central midfielders needed. Very badly. I'd actually say that was more urgent than defenders.

One more defender and they will have enough cover there. Interestingly, Michael Keane looked excellent when he came on but that's the first time I've ever seen him. Rafael will be perfect for that it wing back role.

Yeah, sadly Fletcher looks at least 2 yards off the pace. His distribution was horrific and he also pulled out a few tackles which is unlike him. Cleverly is absolutely horrendous. What a terrible footballer. As is Young.

The Man Utd fans pretty much echo my own opinion of Fletcher, he's completely passed it now. Which is a shame. They definitely need a holding midfielder with all the attacking players they have there.

After two games? You're willing to write him off already?

Oh, and I wouldn't trust what Man Utd fans think. They're all clowns.

After two games? You're willing to write him off already?

He hasn't played well for any period since his illness. The odd half decent game, but that's been it.

He's nowhere near good enough for a club at the level Man U want to be at now. Can you imagine him gettinginto any of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool's midfields? No chance. He would struggle to make the bench. Cleverley wouldn't make the club shop.

I'm afraid he wont last long though. He really struggles in each of their games including pre-season. I like Fletcher and would love him to get back to form but I'm very doubtful. Would love him to prove me wrong but only time will tell.

Fellaini actually played decent before his injury. When I say decent - I mean better than his usual performance. With Carrick out and Cleverley being Cleverley, Fletcher has a great chance to regain form and get his game back on track. If he doesn't improve over the next 4 games against weaker opposition, that'll be it for him in my opinion.

Every time they slip up there is going to be immense pressure on them. If they don't get full points from the next 3 games it has been a truly disastrous start to the season and they will be the same farce that they were under Moyes. If LVG can't turn it round there then they are doomed to mid table mediocrity for ever more

Archived