Manchester United 14/15 thread

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellaini injured so transfer looks near impossible this window.

When I saw that I couldn't help but think it was a cunning rouse by Fellaini to stay there with his massive wage packet

Welbeck been told he can leave

no surprise there really, I'd say a club like Newcastle or Villa is his level to be honest and that's being generous, the guy has almost no first touch at all . You can see why the English national team is so fucked when the likes of him are getting picked regularly.

no surprise there really, I'd say a club like Newcastle or Villa is his level to be honest and that's being generous, the guy has almost no first touch at all . You can see why the English national team is so fucked when the likes of him are getting picked regularly.

after his performance against bayern at home he was getting big praise for all the hard work he done, hardly anyone picked up on that ridiculous chance he missed when he tried to chip neuer when 1v1 against him

i still think he's the english version of kenny miller, how he stayed at united for years i'll never know

after his performance against bayern at home he was getting big praise for all the hard work he done, hardly anyone picked up on that ridiculous chance he missed when he tried to chip neuer when 1v1 against him

i still think he's the english version of kenny miller, how he stayed at united for years i'll never know

I actually quite like Wellbeck but he's not a elite level player and you get the impress that he thinks he is.

I actually quite like Wellbeck but he's not a elite level player and you get the impress that he thinks he is.

welbeck would be good for they teams that dont have the ball often, his workrate cannot be faulted, however when at united and they have a lot of the ball, at times he is a man down, fine when winning the EPl with guys like Rooney and RvP on form, but the likes of last season Moyes was playing with at least 1 man down every game lol

Despite the reputation and presence of LVG there just isnt the same aura and allure about Man Utd since Sir Govan retired, doubt they will ever scale the heights consistently they did in the past ever again.

Even the players they are being linked with arent what you would describe as top drawer like when they signed guys like Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Van Persie and others when at their peak.

Di Maria is a good player yes but not the signing that I would estimate can transform them, it has an element of panic buy about it like Feillani and Mata, neither of whom have really set the place alight

The fabled youth academy isnt producing Scholes and Beckhams no more either.

I mean Tom Cleverly?

A few years of rebuilding and frustration ahead for the republic of mancunia I reckon

Yeah the definitely lost some "luster" the moment Fergie retired, and the aura was shattered with how easily beaten they were last season. If they stick by Van Gaal, and start making the Champions League again they'll be fine, if they fail to make Europe for a few years in a row, or sack Van Gaal and bring in a new manager who signs a swathe of new players, they'll be heading down the Liverpool route

Today is as lackluster a display as I've seen from them. Giving possession away cheap, no penetration. Mata, Rooney and Van Persie have created cock all. Then they bring on Wellbeck :lol:

Well. That was shite. Absolutely zero urgency whatsoever. There are half a dozen there who led a helluva charmed life by either a) being Academy products in a time where Siw Awex, correctly or not, shopped for value, and b) had a reliable patsy bailing them out of holes like today. Di Maria is fucking eons ahead of anyone else in that team, and will only be an answer if they can land four or five contemporaries of similar stature......failure to tie up Blind so far (shouldn't have been difficult...Ajax sell half a squad every year), the shameless courting of Hummels with no substanc behind it, and the less said about the Vidal fiasco the better, doesn't half make United a bit of a laughing stock, and if none of the above (adm excepted) come to fruition then they may have already reached Liverpool circa 1993 already.

Despite the reputation and presence of LVG there just isnt the same aura and allure about Man Utd since Sir Govan retired, doubt they will ever scale the heights consistently they did in the past ever again.

Even the players they are being linked with arent what you would describe as top drawer like when they signed guys like Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Van Persie and others when at their peak.

Di Maria is a good player yes but not the signing that I would estimate can transform them, it has an element of panic buy about it like Feillani and Mata, neither of whom have really set the place alight

The fabled youth academy isnt producing Scholes and Beckhams no more either.

I mean Tom Cleverly?

A few years of rebuilding and frustration ahead for the republic of mancunia I reckon

I couldn't disagree more.

Di Maria is an outstanding player imo - and created so much in the few big games that I saw Real in last year (I don't watch much of La Liga but in the Classicos and Champions League games that I saw - he was brilliant).

He's definitely an improvement on what they have in the midfield. If he's determined to play 3-5-2 then you'd struggle to do better, as you need an energetic central midfielder who's good at defending and attacking, while also being capable on the ball. Di Maria is that

Surely Man Utd need to buy defenders before they buy any more attackers.

I dunno. They seriously lack creativity and so there's a lot more pressure on the defence to keep shut-outs.

In fairness, they need both pretty badly.

Think united still look all over the place.

Still can't defend crosses and lack any real creativity. This new formation isn't working and Di Maria looks like a panic buy.

I don't rate him as highly as hazard and with a goal coming from wing play today do they really need him?

Problem is the terrible defensive midfield and lack of real quality and leadership at the back.

Fletcher, Cleverly, Carrick, Anderson.

Very average players who wouldn't get a game for anyone in the top six.

Archived