Manchester United 14/15 thread

Indeed. He's not a player I can see learning to adapt his game as he gets older. I can't actually figure out what his best attributes are supposed to be.

It's a mystery.

What does a guy who scores lots of goals and has loads of assists actually bring to the team?

We may never know.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be stupid to get rid of Rooney as he is a proven top player in the EPL. His contract is laughable though and he is probably past his best. Fellaini is another disgraceful decision from Moyes for the amount they paid for him, apparently accepting half the money they paid for him to offload him

Desperately need defenders, sign a world class money for 20Million for one year. Smooth move, Ed.

I said a couple of weeks ago that it was strange nobody had been given numbers 9 or 7 for the season. Di Maria answered the 7 question but seriously didn;t think they'd sign another striker!

They cant play all 3 of the, (Rooney, RVP and Falcao) so unless LVG is going to drop Rooney into central mid, which i cant see. Every week one of them is going to have to sit on the bench. Madness.

Desperately need defenders, sign a world class money for 20Million for one year. Smooth move, Ed.

I said a couple of weeks ago that it was strange nobody had been given numbers 9 or 7 for the season. Di Maria answered the 7 question but seriously didn;t think they'd sign another striker!

They cant play all 3 of the, (Rooney, RVP and Falcao) so unless LVG is going to drop Rooney into central mid, which i cant see. Every week one of them is going to have to sit on the bench. Madness.

Means VanPerisie can now get the surgery he needs and will be out for a while after meaning Falcao will be a good signing.

Still need a defender or two however.

I've seen a few different loan fees being banded about, the most realistic seems to be £6 million. Still a crazy amount for a one year deal of course.

I've seen a few different loan fees being banded about, the most realistic seems to be £6 million. Still a crazy amount for a one year deal of course.

Unless the loan fee comes off a full transfer fee next year? Reckon there could be an agreement in place that United don't want to pay just now, so a loan deal see's Falcaos wages off the Monaco wage bill just now.

My theory anyway.

I didn't realise RVP was in desperate need of surgery? On the face of it, if they can get rid of Hernandez and Welbeck on loan deals and have only paid 5-6million for Falcao then it's probably very good business as RVP - Rooney Falcao > RVP, Rooney Welbeck and Hernandez.

I just can't understand why the are ignoring the glaring issue in the need for a world class centre back.

Its a good deal considering RVP keeps getting injured and neither Wellbeck or Hernandez are the level of striker Man U are used to having but its not what they desperately require.

Would presume Falcao came available last night and they took the chance and deals for a midfielder and, most importantly, defenders are still going to happen. If not then who knows what they're strategy is.

Archived