Manchester United 14/15 thread

That's nothing, we fail to score and lose all our games at the start just to hoodwink our rivals into complacency.

Expect a surge of 5-0 wins from 1st of January onwards.

Liverpool fans :lol:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick Kluivert's blunt response when he was asked if he was impressed by United summed up my view - 'Not really'. I thought they looked pretty similar to their recent performances with the exception being that Di Maria brought something extra with his speed and directness. All the goals were down to him. It will be interesting to see them against some half decent teams.

Patrick Kluivert's blunt response when he was asked if he was impressed by United summed up my view - 'Not really'. I thought they looked pretty similar to their recent performances with the exception being that Di Maria brought something extra with his speed and directness. All the goals were down to him. It will be interesting to see them against some half decent teams.

That will be the last time Kluivert is asked to summarise by Sky. He was supposed to wax lyrical about United being back to their best and how superstars like Di Maria and Falcao signing on is vindication that the EPL is the best league in the world.

You honestly thought that was similar to the performances against Swansea and Sunderland? I must have been hallucinating at the weekend then because, to me, the passing was so much quicker and more incisive and they carried a threat - this wasn't the case in the first games.

Attacking wise united have the personnel now to challenge for champions league spots. However they are still really light in defence.

If everyone is fit then shaw would be LB and Rojo moves into CB with jones/evans or smalling. Rafael at RB is still a bombscare.

Blind had a good game against QPR and mopped up nicely in the midfield. Hopefully that addition will mask the poor defence.

Still?

I know it was only QPR but they looked pretty settled in to me. You have also completely underestimated how important Suarez actually was to Liverpool - that was shown again this weekend. With no European football as a distraction do you still have United as 5th favourites to be 4th?

Yes. Though that does depend on Sturridge being fit very very soon.

If they have to rely on Balotelli for goals, they won't be top 4.

If Everton weren't in the Europa league they would really have had a chance this season.

The league is bonkers so far.

Man City beaten at home by Stoke, Liverpool lost 3 times already, Man U have played dross so far and been brutal, Tottenham very ropey and beaten at home by the worst team in the league.. Everton brutalised by Chelsea.

The "no CL" is still a huge advantage to Man U, obviously, but with this defence? They're going to get mauled against better sides away.

As well as the defence being worse than tragic, I think a big problem for man Utd is Rooney. Van persie and Falcao with mata and Di Maria supporting for me every time.

Aye, he was DEFINITELY to blame for them shipping 5 against Leicester.

For f**k's sake.

I for one am at a loss as to how fielding about a million quid a week's worth of attacking players with Jonny Evans and Rafael in defence leads to scoring three goals and still getting pumped.

They'll be fine once Blind and Rojo come into the team .

Archived