Manchester United 14/15 thread

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the united team I would pick to have should we make signing in January or in the summer

Gk:de gea

Rwb:Valencia

Cb:smalling

Cb:hummels

Cb:varane

Lwb:shaw

Rw:januzaj

Lw:ronaldo

Cam:mata

Cm:Vidal

St:Rooney

Ok mate.

Not sure how an average young defender with no footballing ability whatsoever is a regular for United, reportedly coveted by Arsenal, played England U21 and has 15 caps for the full team.

Yeah, but that's the situation we're in.

Having caps for a dreadful international nation like England and being wanted by Arsenal - the same side who coveted defenders like Andre Santos and Sebastian Squillaci - is hardly an indicator he is some superstar.

As for United regular? Luke Chadwick.

U21 caps? Where to start on this one....

Saigon Raider, on 05 Dec 2014 - 12:54, said:

Not sure how an average young defender with no footballing ability whatsoever is a regular for United, reportedly coveted by Arsenal, played England U21 and has 15 caps for the full team.

Neither do I. Do you have a point?

I'd say, under the guidance of a world class centre half, there is a player on Jones. He gets too many niggly injuries though. He started to pick up well a season or 2 back, when played defensive mid against Real and handled Ronaldo pretty well.

Smalling seems to go through phases. A good player for cover i would say.

Neither do I. Do you have a point?

I suppose my point would be that I am surprised that a lot of very experienced managers obviously have a fairly high opinion of him, considering how shite he supposedly is.

You don't? Fair enough - I am sure he will get over it.

Yeah, but that's the situation we're in.

Having caps for a dreadful international nation like England and being wanted by Arsenal - the same side who coveted defenders like Andre Santos and Sebastian Squillaci - is hardly an indicator he is some superstar.

As for United regular? Luke Chadwick.

U21 caps? Where to start on this one....

just looked up Chadwick as I remember him being a bit-part player at most - he played 25 games in 5 years, not really a great comparison.

I suppose my point would be that I am surprised that a lot of very experienced managers obviously have a fairly high opinion of him, considering how shite he supposedly is.

You don't? Fair enough - I am sure he will get over it.

I think I'll trust my own eyes over Wenger, Stuart Pearce ( :lol: ) and some the guy that signed such wonderful players as Bebe and Djemba-Djemba.

I'd say, under the guidance of a world class centre half, there is a player on Jones. He gets too many niggly injuries though. He started to pick up well a season or 2 back, when played defensive mid against Real and handled Ronaldo pretty well.

Smalling seems to go through phases. A good player for cover i would say.

The remind me of a young Evans and Phil Neville

Smalling and Jones are not the sort of quality needed to win major trophies.

Jones came out of nowhere, never noticed him at all when he was a Blackburn. Samba was better.

Smalling and Jones are not the sort of quality needed to win major trophies.

Jones came out of nowhere, never noticed him at all when he was a Blackburn. Samba was better.

Jones has won 1 Premier League and 2 Community Shields

Smalling has won 2 Premier Leagues, 3 Community Shields and has a Champions League Runner Up medal.

I think I'll trust my own eyes over Wenger, Stuart Pearce ( :lol: ) and some the guy that signed such wonderful players as Bebe and Djemba-Djemba.

I will bow to your superior knowledge of players over those managers. I like the way you cherry-picked SAF's failures rather than the countless excellent players he signed and avoided mentioning managers such as Capello and Van Gaal who have also picked this nightmare.

I am not even a huge fan of Smalling but, at a push, I would trust those guys over you.

Van Gaal has had f**k all to choose from at the back, and Capello made a fair few errors of judgment in his time as England manager. Probably should have included Capello there. Including Van Gaal would have been harsh though.

Wenger has also shown that his eye for defenders isn't the best. Ferguson is certainly a better judge but as I've said, his opinion is not exactly that of someone who is completely infallible.

Van Gaal has had f**k all to choose from at the back, and Capello made a fair few errors of judgment in his time as England manager. Probably should have included Capello there. Including Van Gaal would have been harsh though.

Wenger has also shown that his eye for defenders isn't the best. Ferguson is certainly a better judge but as I've said, his opinion is not exactly that of someone who is completely infallible.

To be fair he had the choice to sign another centre half and went for Falcao instead.

They're still looking pretty decent of late. Pretty confident of them picking up 3 points tonight which is no easy feat as Southampton are a decent side. They will probably get a CB in the new year and go on to finish 3rd

They're still looking pretty decent of late. Pretty confident of them picking up 3 points tonight which is no easy feat as Southampton are a decent side. They will probably get a CB in the new year and go on to finish 3rd

You think...??

Southampton making them look very ordinary tonight methinks.

Archived