Bonnyrigg Rose 2014/15

A.M

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got beat 6-1 by Berwick Rangers tonight.

Were matching them for 60 mins then GK throws one in and they score 4 in about 15 mins. Was quite impressed with Berwick though.

Plus points for us, not a huge ammount but Dylan Clark played well and so did Whitson so our young guys look good

I thought it was just the 5-1,as BB says done ok for 60 mins,Berwick had most of the possession in the first half without really doing a lot but and when we got to 1-1 thought we could kick on fae there but they upped a gear and dominated the game,we had one sub and goalie was just a lad as well,having 1 sub didny help either,thought wee Brian Murray had a good game,he's likes a shout to himself but disny do any harm.

I thought it was just the 5-1,as BB says done ok for 60 mins,Berwick had most of the possession in the first half without really doing a lot but and when we got to 1-1 thought we could kick on fae there but they upped a gear and dominated the game,we had one sub and goalie was just a lad as well,having 1 sub didny help either,thought wee Brian Murray had a good game,he's likes a shout to himself but disny do any harm.

^^^ this, and it was 5-1. Thought Hislop worked his socks off also. Wee bit ragged shape-wise in last half hour but Berwick had luxury of around 25 players there, we didn't. Another plus point is its game time for boys that haven't played together before. Not too fussed about the negativity, bucket loads of it going around but as Van has already said it did us no harm losing to Loanhead Ams in pre-season before.

not being negative just thought it was one more than it was, reall stuff starts in a few weeks so as long as we are ready to rock then a dont gove a flyin fvck what scores are the now, last preseason we wete doing great them stuttered a bit in league

Game time was good for everyone and hopefully Max gets to know the new players a wee bit better, how did we only have 1 sub? Where was Archie, Gray, Woodburn & Hay?

^^^ this, and it was 5-1. Thought Hislop worked his socks off also. Wee bit ragged shape-wise in last half hour but Berwick had luxury of around 25 players there, we didn't. Another plus point is its game time for boys that haven't played together before. Not too fussed about the negativity, bucket loads of it going around but as Van has already said it did us no harm losing to Loanhead Ams in pre-season before.

exactly was quite impressed with berwicks possession of the ball first 45 (had to leave at half time) but thought we stood up to it, hopefully get some more bodies in shortly to add to the good squad we already have

Hay had a niggle, Gray has left

Gray signed with Haddington according to Bonnyrigg's Twitter (doesn't seem to be any facebook updates anymore?) Keeper that "threw one in" played with the younger 19s team last year as saw them win a cup final at the ground a couple of months ago, so must be 18 at a push. He was immense that day but big difference between that & playing against a side that have been turned around since the arrival of Colin Cameron and may part with £ to bet on them going up this year. Hopefully all of the young boys have learned tonight about the difference in pace - much prefer the lesson was learned tonight than in August.

Am no manager DD but with his record with you over the last couple of years at your bit I can't see how he wouldn't be. We've also lost Renton so if he was a squad player that would only leave us Sean Grady and young Dylan who has progressed through the youths. The big man looked good tonight - a good headed goal from a corner (which the ref seemed to take an age to give). Not only that though but the end I was at in the first half he never stopped talking to Dylan around positioning, so he can only come on as a result of learning from him.

Am no manager DD but with his record with you over the last couple of years at your bit I can't see how he wouldn't be. We've also lost Renton so if he was a squad player that would only leave us Sean Grady and young Dylan who has progressed through the youths. The big man looked good tonight - a good headed goal from a corner (which the ref seemed to take an age to give). Not only that though but the end I was at in the first half he never stopped talking to Dylan around positioning, so he can only come on as a result of learning from him.

If he listens, he has potential. Strong as an ox so he is especially at his age. Worked out last night I was twice his age which really pissed me off lol

Young lads will listen and learn from

The experienced players and will do well. We got beat with the first goal a foul then we played well shape was no the best as players were told to do certain things and didnt help. Need a few players in my eyes. Need to make myself loud since am the smallest on the park haha. 2 weeks to get ready for start of the season so we will be ready

Archived