Irvine Meadow

Shannon

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Should be interesting to see some of our new signings today and will be good to get back to the football after longer than usual summer break. Wish league games were sooner as another 6 weeks away I reckon.

Solid performance from most of our new boys today. Evans came more into the game after half-time as did the right back (cant mind the name)

Thought Sideserf absolutely cruised it. Class act.

1, Stephen Hall

2, Willie McLachalan

3, Mark Sideserf

4, Mark Thomson

5, Grant Evans

6, Jordon Mutch

7, Mark McLennan

8, Trialist

9, Willie Sawyers

10, Ryan Deas

11, Robert Halliday

12, Craig Buchanan

14, Chris Hall

15, Paul Maxwell

16, Trialist

Thought Christie had a great game, took his goals well. Joe Bradley was another that I thought played well. I think Johnny and co have a very strong midfield, especially in the wide areas.Interesting to see that u have kept in the boy McKay. Looks like he has lost a bit of weight. Different to the other strikers u have. Good option just not for enough I'm guessing, that why he doesn't start that often?

Thought Christie had a great game, took his goals well. Joe Bradley was another that I thought played well. I think Johnny and co have a very strong midfield, especially in the wide areas.Interesting to see that u have kept in the boy McKay. Looks like he has lost a bit of weight. Different to the other strikers u have. Good option just not for enough I'm guessing, that why he doesn't start that often?

In my opinion Daniel McKay does offer us something but more as an impact player coming off the bench in perhaps the last twenty minutes when the game slows down and he can shield the ball well for us and hold it up.

In the few games he started last season he never done as well as hoped for me but he does give us something different but more so as an impact player for me.

I though wee joe was immense on Saturday in the second half in particular and in that form I just love watching the wee man. :)

In my opinion Daniel McKay does offer us something but more as an impact player coming off the bench in perhaps the last twenty minutes when the game slows down and he can shield the ball well for us and hold it up.

In the few games he started last season he never done as well as hoped for me but he does give us something different but more so as an impact player for me.

I though wee joe was immense on Saturday in the second half in particular and in that form I just love watching the wee man. :)

Hertha how do you think you will fair against us in our annual Scottish tie? :)

1, Stephen Hall

2, Willie McLachalan

3, Mark Sideserf

4, Mark Thomson

5, Grant Evans

6, Jordon Mutch

7, Mark McLennan

8, Trialist

9, Willie Sawyers

10, Ryan Deas

11, Robert Halliday

12, Craig Buchanan

14, Chris Hall

15, Paul Maxwell

16, Trialist

Thanks for the line up . Interesting, hope the three ex roy players do well , giving a lot of the new guys a chance to show they deserve a starting place come the league games. Rankin has a big budget but thats a strong squad for sure , maybe not a title winning squad but they won't be far away.

Just out of interest was M.Thomson playing centre back ? and who is the other keeper ?

If that's not a title winning squad then what is?? Meadow pushed talbot last year and infact beat them on 2 out of 3 meeting. That's squad for me has everything in it. Question is will they all gel together. But definitely a title winning squad

From what I have watched of beith under John Millar, he likes his strikers to work the channels. Kenny McLean and Andy Reid have done that so well especially the year Beith won the league. That game won't suit the boy McKay. I agree with you that he can be better used as an impact to hold the ball up. He gave those young rangers defenders a bit of a hard time once he got going.

Archived