Irvine Meadow

Shannon

Fair comment, jacktonite. I just cringe when I see fat boys playing junior football. Evidently he knows how to play and to score a goal but it basically implies that he has more to give at training or at least in terms of diet.

And, yes, I know it's only a hobby but, for me, Junior players have people watching them every week and should take it seriously.

Big stinker (ian dick) looked out of shape and probably never trained the way he should have but is still one of the best I've very seen !

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad (king) I think his name is Musselburgh junior cup final v talbot and I also seen him last season for nitten v talbot has the best touch I've seen in the junior game , but if he wasn't out of shape he'd be at old Trafford hence the juniors .

Meadow will have a chance of qualifying now since Kilbirnie are back in their own group

I will bite then!!

Hurlford very rarely used to qualify before the money and before you started supporting them. Used to be Vics ahead of you lot...

Murdie a glens legend get a grip ya fud

For the record, Murdie is a pal of mine, a good Rutherglen boy, and he will be giggling to himself at the rather obvious sarcasm in my post.

You, however, are still too busy greeting about us finishing in the top half for the third year in a row instead of the relegation that you were wetting your pants about, to notice the rather obvious tongue firmly planted in my cheek.

Friendlies:

Sat 19 July - Sauchie (A)

Sat 26 July - Lochee Utd (H)

Mon 28 July - Cambuslang Rangers (A)

Other fixtures Rutherglen Glencairn (A) - Wednesday 23rd July and Vale of Clyde (H) Wednesday 30th July

Sat 2nd August - tbc....

Sat 2nd August - Dundee Downfield (H).

With Wullie sawyers, Ryan dees, Paul McLaughlin, Jordan Murch, Michael Keenan, Wullie McLaughlin and Mark McLennan all signing, I think meadow could be very strong next year. Especially when the core have resigned down at meadow. Interesting season....

My take on things . Meadow have spent helped by a really good budget around the £100 k mark.

Willie McLachlan was a right back for us , good solid player liked him a lot , went and played for melbourne knights for a season now obviously back home , guy mclaughlin decent but don't think he will get much of a game at meadow given their strikers.

Murch good signing always liked him when we played them , as are keenan and mclennan .

Sawyers and Deas you need to build your team around and play to their strgenths. We did that most part of the season and they both look very good especially sawyers.Could go either way with both of them depends on how rankin uses them. Good luck to them both anyway. Will be watching with interest on how the meadow do.

Big stinker (ian dick) looked out of shape and probably never trained the way he should have but is still one of the best I've very seen !

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the Juniors had moved on and become a bit more professional these days.

I was also an Ian Dick fan but I'd never claim he was one of the best.

Archived